DEVIL DRIVER

Since Andy mastered:
What do you use that for? Hardware / Software? And what in special?

After the fade-in of "These Fighting Words", when everything pops in louder, what did you use to make it firmly punch on the first hit? I think it´s not that "standard sub-kick-boom"-thing one can hear on almost any modern metal-album these days.
Thanks so much,
Seb

I, too, think this is some of Andy's greatest work. I can't help but compare it to Chimaira's latest, as the style and tones are similar to me...This mix and master, to me, sounds better. While I love the Chimaira disc, it does sound a little squashed from the master. Too bad Andy couldn't master that disc, as this Devildriver disc just kills in every way. The guitar tone on the intro in "Clouds over California" has got to be in my top 5 all time favorite guitar tones...

This mix is just fucking outstanding......:kickass: :headbang: :kickass: :headbang:

Wow is all i can say and great job Mark (we all know Jason is to good to visit us:zombie: ) and Andy of course!!!

Yea whats the mastering chain these days Andy????

cool, glad you guys are digging it. It really was a shame about Chimaira mastering as I was prety damn happy with those mixes too. I'm still using mainly the finalizer with a couple of little inserts on the master fader in pro tools.

im a bit late on this one, just got the record and love the mix, ive loved fury of our makers hand for years now, mixed and produced by colin, you can tell his work. However i find andys take on their stuff alot clearer, fuller, almost darker really really nice. Love that bit with just the drums, bass, guitar and synth/organ vibe on the last track. the drums sound killer on it, you using your own samples for the kick and snare andy? what kit were they from? or are they just a generic set youve had for a while?

This album's mix is still tha shit!!!!

Same goes for Chimaira, shame about the mastering on that, but that just might spoil 0.1% of the fun that album allready brought me..

Just needed to put this out there again..

I was recording a band last week, and I thought I was getting a badass mix......so I popped in the new DevilDriver for a reference, and proceeded to donkey punch myself and cry.:kickass:

In my mind, this Andy's best yet! As I lay Dying and new 36cf are a close second I think.

Great job sir!

p.s. that guitar tone is godly. Props to Andy and Axeman for that!!!

Holy shit! Just bought The Last Kind Words and I must say, WOW, every aspect of it kicks ass! I can't argue with those of you saying it's his best mix. The music is fkng killer too. Wow, I'm really blown away. Can't believe I'm a year late on this one!