JOB FOR A COWBOY

I mean they are okay. But how in the fuck do they get so popular ... And theyre not even that awesome.... :puke: Kinda boring after a little bit.

Tone is pretty good though, I sold my 5150 a while back I wish I didnt.
mayeb one day I can get my XXX dialed in to sound thick like it did.

I mean they are okay. But how in the fuck do they get so popular ... And theyre not even that awesome.... :puke: Kinda boring after a little bit.

I think that they are more than "okay". The riffs are brutal, the vocalist has a true death voice, the mix is vicious and even though they are really young, there's no pussy stuff - just fucking metal. I've listened to Genesis everyday since I got it a couple of months ago, and I'm not bored in the slightest. It's actually reminiscent of Disincarnate to my ears...Which was one of the Top 5 greatest death metal bands/projects ever.

Learn some of the songs on guitar, and I'll bet you'll change your mind.

To me, their new is one is a step toward the right direction after the "Doom" E.P. That said though, the new album really didn't stick with me. After seeing them live, I was kind of "eh."

Though, the new Odious Mortem album is uber killer. Learn some riffs off that *l*

how can you get that so clear tone out of a 5150, I mean all we know 5150 has a lot of fizz.
Did you cut a lot from 10khz and above?
Andy that tone is really killer! good job ;)

We just reamped through the TS/5150/V30s setup with a 57, and that damn fizz was there. We tried the i5 (sucked) and finally ended up using the ADK 51S, this mic has a nice natural roll off on the highs, that worked really well with the 5150.

It does not sound like Andy's 57 (the best I ever heard), but it improved the overall sound 100%.

For me this is the most interesting record of this year. A whole lot of the tracks seem to be identical but it's a concept record
and it's telling a story. I just look for all the details they put into their songwriting. You have to take your time for that.

The guitar solos are... in fact a bit weak in a technical sense but these boys don't have to show big gochonez with shredding. They allready show this with very good riffing.

At least for me this is a masterpiece!

Learn some of the songs on guitar, and I'll bet you'll change your mind.

Come on... That isnt hard to play for me. Ive been playing for many years doing technical thrash, Death, All types of metal styles...

Learning something on guitar,,, does not make it un boring.
I like some of the riffs dont get me wrong, But the way
some of the shit is layed out... I just cant get into it
for very long before Im changing the song.

Just a matter of personal taste bro.

i finally picked this cd up today...honestly except for the two random instrumental type songs, i really love everything about it...well i'm not crazy about the solos either, but atleast the album's not flooded with them

it's a shame that bands like this get such a bad rap, i don't care if it's considered death metal or not; it kicks a lot of ass IMO!

i actually looked up this thread to see what was used for guitars because i couldn't remember, i was thinking to myself "someone's gonna say it was a 5150" and i was right! mine never sounded anywhere near that good