DESPISED ICON

i got a question for Andy - what reverb was on drums? what type of reverberation? studio, stage... i really like what it does for the whole mix

This album's mix is one of the best I've heard. It's dual tracked right? Only thing I don't like is the excessive guitar cut out not leaving enough tail, specially on the breakdowns

This album's mix is one of the best I've heard. It's dual tracked right? Only thing I don't like is the excessive guitar cut out not leaving enough tail, specially on the breakdowns

Yup dual tracked gats, and i dig the chopped up guitars, makes them sound mechanical and tight as hell.

Just bought this other CD the other day (for the mix). I don't even really like the band a whole lot (sorry Yannick!). It's definitely much less generic than I had been expecting and the musicianship is obviously very good, but the "bree" parts make me want to fast forward, haha. KILLER mix though. I suspected that the guitars were single tracked. I can only imagine how much more tedious it is for Andy to sample the snare for a band like this without it sounding totally fake. I mean it's got a bit of fakeness to it, but appropriate for the band I'd say.

the mix is absolutely brutal, kinda rivals organic hallucinosis as far as i am concerned.
musically it's between decent and mediocre for me....i really enjoy the opening track...sounds like well done death metal...also loving the breee breee slam-like parts. they're loosing me with the breakdowns, though....

Big fan of the band and your production man! cant wait to hear it :headbang: You know we are whores for details. Do they have anymore production footage coming out?

some info...
-Km 184 on overhead+Millenia hv3 preamp
-tlm 103 room mic+vintech preamp
-57 on snare and toms+vintech preamp
-bass was reamp by andy...peavy head+b52 on the cab+api preamp
-gtr was reamp by andy...jsx+tube sreamer ts9+api preamp
-sm-7 on vox+vintech+la4

Any question???Send me a message...thank

yannick

The guitar tone absolutely slays... really awesome.

But any more info about the bass here? I really like the bass tone too. Which Peavey head? and which cab?

This album has pretty much my ideal guitar and bass tones for metal haha

is there any footage from sneap drum sesion with DI? love to see any photo of OH mic's, best sounding overheads in history of metal music on this record:D lol

you know ;p I wanted to be cool and added "lol" at the end of sentence ;(. Seriously love how this record sounds!!! Any pics dude, maybe on PM ;P?