ARCH ENEMY

There's something strange going on at the vocals at some parts that I don't dig I think...like some doubled vocals pitched down and up or something...never noticed that before that much.
Sounds a bit alien-like :/

Can't wait until it's finally released, I wanna hear the songs! Counting down 10 more days..
I hate it so much tho! I allready pre-ordered it, but I know for sure I won't get it on the release date, as always with these online stores.

So I hear a Peavey XXX cab was used on this new album. :)
Wondering what sparked the idea to try it out and also what else was used for the guitars?

used the marshall jvm on all the rhythms, really liked the bite it had as they were using passive pick ups. 2 tracks of standard boogie cab miced with 57 and AT250DE and 2 with peavey xxx cab miced with heil PL30 and At250DE

;)

yeah the delays are great, esp on mikes guitar. He tracked with an old stereo rockman delay that they fed into a sep cab. Sounded amazing. Mikes got a new secret weapon for his lead tone that I'm sworn to secrecy about, needless to say I think its probably the best lead tone hes had.

awww, come on! we won't tell anyone. ;)

just listening to it....sounds fantastic of course!
I'm loving the bass guitar on this one, but that's something that I've noticed on many more recent AS mixes, that very difficult yet crucial aspect of a metal mix should get more recognition...
for me still the most difficult instrument to mix for sure...Andy nails it, it's very audible and adds so much to the music without getting in the way...controlled yet powerful at all times, great.

I'm loving the leads...is that an AutoWah I'm hearing? sonds like a good wah, but the range and tone seems to be a bit different from the regular foot operated Wahs.
Andy, could you shed some light on this, please? (unless it's the aforementioned secret of course)

This mix is the shit! The low-end is amazing.
Songwise, first five are crap, everything after that is A+!
That's just my honest opinion.

Andy, what did you do on the drums?
Snare, kick, toms?

What was natural and what was replaced, and with what sample if I may ask :D?

I'm probably wrong, probably wrong 99,9%...don't know why it reminds me to it but it sounds to me like there's Superior Drummer involved at least kick and snare...:confused:

hey guys, please check this!

Arch Enemy // Khaos Legions
Track 5 (No Gods, No Masters): on the right side is a digital beep at 3:56 (original CD)

Is it only on my CD or what's happen there? :err:

I'm listening to it for the first time now, and it sounds amazing as I expected! The bass was the first thing I thought about, but the guitars and drums sound AMAZING too, as expected! I'm not a huge fan of the kick though(personal taste obviously).

this mix is one of the least muddy (for lack of a better description) I've heard. EVERYTHING has a defined space and there is no stepping on toes between instruments. Listening to it makes me want to pull my hair out, because this kind of seperation is one of the biggest hurdles I personally am trying to overcome to take my mixing to the next level. Sadly, I'm grasping at straws when it comes to this kind of thick but defined and clean mixing.

*sad panda*