are album covers crap now??

I dont really do the music thing these days, bands cds, following whats going on etc. I just turn on wnamp and listen to stations mostly

Sid what the FUCK are you doing ressurecting my threads?? i could have answered a year old post by mistake ffs! oh the potential shame of it!!

siderea said:
c03029.jpg

i have this on vinyl, come to think of it, i took it out & looked at those leaves when doing nick drake. i met her in town last year, fine woman for her age i tell ya

hows the nick drake looking then? it will take a while before i buy it.

ah it's a promo i have here, it must look nice in big. things just look nicer on cardboard.

siderea said:
hows the nick drake looking then? it will take a while before i buy it.

ah it's a promo i have here, it must look nice in big. things just look nicer on cardboard.

printers fucked it up on us a bit, its ok though, nothing great tbh, it could of been re-pressed, but time wasnt to be :cry: inspiration courtesy of ellen allien & hand rolling tobacco products.

av-811.gif

Left-Right-Panel-_-2470.jpg

Cover-034.jpg

CD-Label-RGB.jpg

zupi_clone
na na na nintheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by siderea
hmm could you show some covers things you've made?

i could show the initial works and book for 'lights out', but... i cant, its up to the master, plus theyre in the archive, plus you'd upload them here or something, plus id go mad and other people would go mad and and thats the story really
i dunno my post doesnt seem to work on the now playing thread, it's probably cursed
err
so
:cry:
sad sad planet.

anything not antimatter/anathema related is interesting too tough.
i tried to check that link you have in your signature, the sounds are addictive but i wouldn't know what you've done on that site

and the nick drake looks simple thus nice... you took it from a picture that drawing?

siderea said:
i dunno my post doesnt seem to work on the now playing thread, it's probably cursed
err
so
:cry:
sad sad planet.

anything not antimatter/anathema related is interesting too tough.
i tried to check that link you have in your signature, the sounds are addictive but i wouldn't know what you've done on that site

and the nick drake looks simple thus nice... you took it from a picture that drawing?

i never dress things up for style/impact sake or to make something look 'cool' an image means fuck all to me if theres no concept and function, by concept i dont mean 'idea'. no, its my own illustration, and imagery. i never steal or use clip art, thats only for chancers :tickled:

zupi_clone said:
i never dress things up for style/impact sake or to make something look 'cool' an image means fuck all to me if theres no concept and function, by concept i dont mean 'idea'. no, its my own illustration, and imagery. i never steal or use clip art, thats only for chancers :tickled:
sound.

i dont mind the stealing if they make it into this funny thing (like this jeroom guy does in belgium, i'll look for some things he done later), but some friends of mine do graphical studies and it's like they don't learn anything bout copywrite, they just take anything of the web or old book or whatever and... ehm yeah. i get your point.

the drawing fits nice yes. well i havent heard the cd but i've a clue.

siderea said:
sound.

i dont mind the stealing if they make it into this funny thing (like this jeroom guy does in belgium, i'll look for some things he done later), but some friends of mine do graphical studies and it's like they don't learn anything bout copywrite, they just take anything of the web or old book or whatever and... ehm yeah. i get your point.

the drawing fits nice yes. well i havent heard the cd but i've a clue.

:tickled: ah yea, a mate of mine was always at that in college, just for fun though, i used to but not for actual work then or now even

hmm yea thats strange they dont learn that cos it was bet into me, it just doesnt appeal to me on a sort of sound ethical level. what goes around comes around, tis a small world and nothing goes unnoticed

i designed a label for dog food once, and that was a hard thing to do, cos if you look around on the shelves, they all look the same and arent designed, just mass produced dtp work. what i did do though was try to make it funny, and also used a name associated with english surnamed food brands in a tin, such as Campbells soup, Bakers etc, so i called it 'Barkers', which is also an english surname and its what a dog does haha

it would of been too easy to have used a simple black n white photo like on nick drakes albums, and i doubt very much danny wanted to do a blatant copy of the songs so i felt, why should the artwork be

theres 5 leaves there but the formation is clued to tobacco artwork, and a piece of paper found on cigarette paper packets used for hand rolling tobacco, which also reads 'five leaves left' ;) thats just the cover, the inner is just an illustration of the album title 'a place to be'. oddly enough, that leaf formation is similar to that used by the British Tobacco Company as their device/logo, except theres just 3 leaves, and that was just purely coincidental

i dont usually say this, in fact, i actually hate having to explain things, cos i know myself what ive done, and would rather let the clues remain for others

but fuck it, im a kunt haha

snow2fall said:
Hehe, I prefer the Vitriol cover though. :D Were EN the first who used that figure?
i suppose some cavemen were

taken from some forum
Be11n Fitzhugh (djentropy@hotmail.com) Jan 15 2005, 20:42 It is a Toltec symbol, it is a man with the face of the sun. It is one of the few symbols we have from the tribe. Toltec's were a tribe of artists, musicians, mystics, etc.

snow2fall said:
Hehe, I prefer the Vitriol cover though. :D Were EN the first who used that figure?

i'm afraid i dont, i prefer EN, and yes they were the first group to use it long ago, on most of their albums, even henry rollins is a fan. in fact, one of their albums, Silence is Sexy ( i love that word sexy dont you? *coughs*) is noted as one of the best album artworks from the last decade, look at the books ;) besides, vitriol is relatively new in my book, to be found on the not so diverse but obscure neurot recordings

sis.jpg