Are there any "cheasy" Symphony X songs?

Yngvai X said:
Someone saying something is cheesy just translates to "I Don't like it."
Not true motherfucker!!! i just spent an entire thread trying to explain that just because i was calling stuff gay and cheesy doesn't mean it is bad. Hammerfall is gay and cheesy, and i like em.... probly shouldn't have said that out loud though :lol:

Symphony x? Yeah, they have their cheesy moments, but that's because they love 80's metal (dio???), so of course that's gonna be present.

theodyssey said:
Not true motherfucker!!! i just spent an entire thread trying to explain that just because i was calling stuff gay and cheesy doesn't mean it is bad. Hammerfall is gay and cheesy, and i like em.... probly shouldn't have said that out loud though :lol:

Symphony x? Yeah, they have their cheesy moments, but that's because they love 80's metal (dio???), so of course that's gonna be present.

I agree. Cheese=Good

I was thinking about cheesey parts in songs today. I think Dream Theater's Beyond this Life has the most cheesiest moment in it. Its this keyboard part that starts around the 8:27 mark in the song. Whenever I hear it it makes me go :yuk: .

The song is still cool though. Besides that keyboard part.

We wouldnt be here if we didnt think they rocked, regardless of some of the lyrics.

@Ricardo ..yes i do find some of their lyrics pretty laughable, for example as much as i looove king of terrors, i think the chorus IS cheesy and laughable, theres some i just dont like much at all, like incantations of the apprentice. Their lyric writing isnt nearly as bad as alot of other bands, but I think things havent really been the same since Miller left (DWOT era writing was great). I still love them, even the stuff I find cheesy, although some of that has taken longer to get into than others.

Cheese is the essence of trad. metal and power metal I think. You cant take yourself too seriously all the time. Theres just varying types of it one prefers over another.

SX have quite a few cheesy songs (almost a given when you're making music about fantasy-ficticious topics), though none of them come close to being unbearable like the kind of cheese some Italian bands produce... ;)
"Shades of Grey" and "Thorns of Sorrow" are cheesy, looking at the choruses, as are "Secrets", "The Witching Hour", "In the Dragon's Den" (c'mon, the title could have made Rhapsody proud if there were a heroid knightrider in it). There's also bits and pieces of cheese in "The Edge of Forever" and the 2 Accolades... but that's the good kind.

A couple of sections in "Lady of the Snow" are kinda cheesy, but when Russell sustains that note in teh last chorus, it's so beautiful that ALL cheesiness is forgiven.

the_satanic_rabbit said:
Now with that in mind, I could definitely see the Cheese image for Accolade 2. Russel suited up like he was back at Medieval Times. Pinella could be like this evil sorcerer guy. Rullo's the elf, Romeo's the King. LePond is Robert the Bruce.
Priceless. :tickled: