Are there any Norwegian speakers here?

Mantraschism

Skáld
Oct 23, 2002
Augusta, GA (Lost in the Twilight Hall)
I'm a native-born American English speaker, and I really want to learn Norwegian (then Icelandic, Swedish, Danish, and Finnish...). Is there anyone here who speaks this language? I've already started studying it, but if anyone has basic rules of grammar and/or some vocabulary they could share, it would be very helpful. Thanks!

Sorath said:
www.forsman.no
Norwegian speakers. I AM FUNNY
well that was a pathetic yet funny humor

I´ll teach you some icelandic

góðan daginn= good day
éttu skít= eat shit
takk fyrir = thank you
hoppaðu upp í rassgatið á þér!= jump into your arsehole!
pabbi þinn er kynvillingur! = your father is a homosexual( but this word is more demeaning ; gender confusioner)

ð = as the "th" in they
þ= as the "th" in thorn

Mantraschism ->i have the same problem :] i learn finnish (or i try to learn.. :| ) horrible learning. i have only 1 small dictionary, and rest from internet ( grammar a ble ble.. )
Djöfull -> u would be excelent teacher :worship:

hehhe Sorath's joke was funny....

takk fyrir Djöfull! the bad phrases are a bit to long to remember though, but i'lltry hehe
I like the way Icelandic sounds :)

hi i'm new here and i'm from sweden....
i can help you learn some swedish if you like?

some phrases:
hej - hello
hur mår du? - how are you?
jag gillar vintersorg - i like vintersorg
jag mår bra - i'm fine
hej då - good bye

Thanks everyone! I recently picked up a CD of Icelandic rímur, and it's some great stuff! It's repetitive, but the melodies are so unusual and beautiful that it doesn't detract from enjoyment one bit. And the language is so gorgeous...

I have a question for you, sveavinter. Is Vintersorg pronounced 'vintersory' or 'vintersor'? I can't quite tell when Vintersorg sings that word on the 'Till Fjälls' album.

Mantraschism said:
I'm a native-born American English speaker, and I really want to learn Norwegian (then Icelandic, Swedish, Danish, and Finnish...). Is there anyone here who speaks this language? I've already started studying it, but if anyone has basic rules of grammar and/or some vocabulary they could share, it would be very helpful. Thanks!

First of all you have to decide what to learn - Bokmål or Nynorsk.