Are vocals important to you? What about lyrics?

I like songs about girls being raped in the butt. Girls that show off their body a lot and eventually get raped by a deranged pyschopath :lol: on them. sluts

Violence in songs usually have some truth regardless who wants to admit it and what topics are about.

Necro Joe said:
Yeah but they're missing Compiling Autumn and I can't print them (easily).

Copy the separate things into word or notepad and print em like that?

Those lyrics are ridiculous though...even with the music on, you can't understand a thing Chang says haha.

I've actually already done that but seeing as how CA is missing (and I've noticed a few obvious mistakes) I was just checking to make sure they aren't anywhere else. Such good lyrics though, at least from what I can make out in the booklet.

I'm gonna be a lot different than other people here. Lyrics and sound are equally important. In order.
1. Lyrics. I need to feel like there is some sort of story, some kind of emotion, or some kind of statement. Or at least some good rhymes, good use of words, etc.
2. Guitars. Solos are almost essential in metal. A good tone and good guitar parts are excellent.
3. Drums. The more complex, the better, and the more creative and unique, the better.
4. Beat. A strong, focused beat, something powerful and moving, is very important.
5. Bass and keyboards. The tone of keyboards are very important. Also, bass must be present and noticable in the EQ.

I don't know how much I care about good vocals and good lyrics. However, I definitely do have specific preferences. I generally prefer harsh vocals to clean vocals. And I hate lyrics about relationships/girls/sex/partying/etc., no matter how well they might be written.

Necuratul said:
The next time I come across one I'll let you know, but I generally don't make an effort to remember bands that suck. Though one band that I really have a problem with in terms of vocals is Heretic (Hol).

Trivium and various other metalcore bands. I might actually like some metalcore bands if it weren't for the vocals.

I agree. Trivium has quite possibly the worst vocalist I have ever seen in my life. They seriously need to get a new vocalist or atleast change the vocalist's style. I heard on their next album though there will be different vocals so the voice of many people will have finally be heard.
To me vocals are more important than lyrics. I dislike so many bands because of the vocalist. Also a few bands I dislike cause of the pathetic lyrics. Usually core bands fall into both of these problems (aka Trivium). But like I said I think vocals are more important than lyrics which is why I love Opeth!