How important are vocals to you?

Yeah, that's why I don't like Entombed or Autopsy

WHat the fucking fuck ?

Actually, I think the vocals in a band are either totally relevant or utterly irrelevant; which makes little or no sense.

So.

What I mean probably is this; unless I hate the vocals (which is rare), I can at the very least tolerate them. After all, I suppose no one is going to be buying a vocals-only death metal box set any time soon.

I'm not a fan of Entombed's vocals either. I have Left Hand Path and Wolverine Blues.
Yeah they sound a little drunkish and aren't harsh enough.

One of the main elements of Metal that distinguishes it from other forms of Rock N' Roll besides aggression is more of a focus on instrumental power rather than vocal power, so i don't feel vocals are the most important thing.

Good vocalist is very immportant to me. However the best vocalist take some time getting used to(ex:King Diamond). Emphasis on vocalizing to music not singing.

We were discussing this recently, which inspired the latest episode of MSRCAST.

It's a common comment, regardless of genre, "I like the music, but those vocals suck."

So, an instrumental program seemed obvious for us to do and we were doing great until Evil C came in and through a fuckin Nevermore song on at the end with Warrel warbling to no end. :lol:

Vocals are rather important to me, but I'm willing to overlook bad ones. I can enjoy growls and shouting and whatnot, but I would rather hear singing.

Obviously, though, it's mostly a matter of the vocals fitting the rest of the music.

I'm not quite sure cause I've never disliked a metal band because of vocals but vocals mean so much to me for power metal like with Kamelot and Sonata Arctica but then Axenstar has low quality vocals on the first album and I still love them.

I thought of Nile and Behemoth when I saw this topic to and I don't know what to say on that subject I think that obvious its about the instrumentals but I think the vocals are perfect to adding to the brutality.
And I can't figure out your problem with Gorogoroth's vocals do you like Marduk?