are women female?

Are women female?

• yes, of course they are

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • NO! They/We are people!!!

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
i say you have the head and the limbs of the baby and i have the body. so it's even more gender equality.

female and male are terms rooted in biology - so from a biological perspective: yes, of course are women female!

however, the biological distinction between female and male also correlates with different categories of behavior, personality and opinions - i.e. the female/male dichotomy also has meaning in the fields of psychology and sociology - however, in these fields the distinction is much less clear-cut and relies on the statistical concepts of relative frequencies and significance of hypotheses - this gives room to multiple opinions and discussion, as we have seen on this forum

class dismissed.

Alwin said:
female and male are terms rooted in biology - so from a biological perspective: yes, of course are women female!

however, the biological distinction between female and male also correlates with different categories of behavior, personality and opinions - i.e. the female/male dichotomy also has meaning in the fields of psychology and sociology - however, in these fields the distinction is much less clear-cut and relies on the statistical concepts of relative frequencies and significance of hypotheses - this gives room to multiple opinions and discussion, as we have seen on this forum

class dismissed.

hmm, why no class on linguistics?

so, in short, my point of view is that women have the quality female but women are more than only female, i.e. they are human beings

Who wouldn't?! :loco:

mittermeier.jpg