Are you looking forward to a concert?

We missed the Khold concert - but that is not going to cause any sleepless nights for me. :D
Satyricon, however, was great - no pyro or naked girls, but still a great performance.
They played almost the same setlist as Line gave, but they also played "Havoc Vulture" from Rebel Extravaganza - it was great.
The concert highlight was definitely the two last numbers: Hvite Krists Död and of course Mother North.
Phyros, how was the concert you went to?

Eeeerr... Must be you ICQ that is flawed Gauny...;) And Since my computer always is on, I am always on ICQ...:D Just not there all the time, or something..:D

Well. The gig was great! The only bad thing was that they didn´t do Hvite Krists Död, wich made me disapointed, but didn´t relly take the overall feeling away from it. I think they did to many new songs tho, but that was ok.

Mother North blew me away! Headbanging frenzy to that one, I can asure you!! They had some pyro, but no naked chicks. Ohh, and one thing... Satyr kept talking Norweigian. I simply don´t understand Norweigian, specialy not when growled...:( (Don´t ask me why, I understand it when written, but not good when somebody talks. I guess Hellspawn and Blackspirit knows that :lol: )

Sentenced and Lacuna Coil this sunday!

-phyros (eeerm, listening to Sentenced and drinking beer )

Originally posted by Ziuwarian
Menhir and Odroerir were great last night :cool: Awesome show on stage, even tho the sound was lacking something... they usually play better (@ Gaunerin, who made her mind up and was there, too :D Cheerz!) and nice chill out in the keep's bar afterwards with all the people.

The warm mead made the whole enterprise really comfortable, and we've had quite some quantity of it ;) And nice people all around, many Viking reenactors (so I didn't feel misplaced at all with my outfit either :D )

The place was also quite nice! Apart from the damn fog all night - had to search half an hour to finally find the car again... and the sleeping bags and stuff. And since we were MUCH too drunken to build up the tent (apart from the fact that it'd have been impossible in this darkness anyway...) we just slept on stage (one friend of us already fell asleep right away after the gig, sitting on some bench, we just hauled him on stage and let him sleep on ;) ) next to Heiko Gerull (Menhir) and his wife *cough* Great night, just took damn long to get there and back...

Gaunerin, you should have stayed as well the night hehe, was pretty much fun! Apart from the small differences that occured during Menhir's gig... it's just that my brother might have a short temper in some cases... but no harm done, they stayed friendly :D Just hope someone took some pics after all - my brother brought a camera along, but aside from 4 or 5 shots in the beginning I do not remember hi taking pics...
damn I want to go to menhir concerts too.
But I live in shitty Holland:cry:

Holland isn't that far away from Germany, is it? I'm sure Menhir will play somewhere closer to the border one day so you can easily reach the venue from where you live.
Also....I've been to gigs in the Netherlands, so it's not that shitty ;)

Originally posted by Blackspirit
Let me know how you liked this one as I'm
seeing the same bands next friday! :eek:)

Well, I'm not good at giving reviews. ;) But I'd say it was good gig! I primarily came for Soilwork...and then In Flames. I had seen In Flames one time before, so I knew they'd rock the house. The venue was bursting with people. I wasn't feeling very comfortable because of this. Naturally, a big name like IF attracts many people. I prefer about 1/3 to 2/3 less people at a gig. ;) I hate being squashed, unable to move. And people stomp on your feet and then look angry at YOU. Or they throw half-full paper cups with beer around. Anyway...during Soilwork, I stood at a place where the bass was extremely heavy. So the vocals and the guitars were drowned out by the bass drum, for instance. But Soilwork themselves were great. Although they were only the first opener, they got quite a few people to move their heads and bodies. Maybe I'm biased because I like Soilwork a lot (more than IF actually, I think.). One funny detail: they played the Indiana Jones march as an intro. ;)

I wasn't in the main hall during Pain, I'm afraid. I drank something and used a chair to rest my bones in an adjacent room. And then, I haven't been into Pain so far anyway. But from what I could hear, they sounded alright. Maybe I should check them out after all.

During IF, the hall was packed full to the limit. I was standing somewhere else, and the sound was finally alright. IF put on a great show, with many lighting effects and some interaction with the fans. Anders said he was fucking pissed because of the security of the venue, though. Don't know what had happened.
Anyway, the whole hall was moving wildly. The IF phenomenon. Great for headbanging and shaking your body. No lethargy anywhere. IF played a good mix of all their albums. So it wasn't too "Reroute" biased. Some titles: "Cloud Connected", "Clayman", "Only For The Weak", "Bullet Ride", "Square Nothing", "Behind Space", "Clad in Shadows", "Food For The Gods", "Ordinary Story"...and many more titles from "Reroute" whose names I don't know. The gig duration was approx. 1 1/2 hours.

hehehe.. Somber Soul, seems you described the show I went to a couple of weeks back ;)
I've also seen IF before and this time they seemed to be a tiny little bit tired compared the gig I've attended before - which is no wonder considering the fact they had just toured the US as well.

Originally posted by Gaunerin
they seemed to be a tiny little bit tired compared the gig I've attended before - which is no wonder considering the fact they had just toured the US as well.

!!!! This is _exactly_ what I've read about the In Flames
gigs in magazines etc. People say they look like they
aren't hungry anymore... This is sad, and that's why I am
alskin' for your opinion Somber >:eek:) But you seem to have
enjoyed it, and I'm definitely going to see them again :eek:)

Last time I saw them they were really great, and it
saddens me that they're "losing it".

I'm looking forward to Soilwork now too. Thanks Somber! :eek:)

hm.....didn't know other ppl had the same impression as me. Haven't read too many reviews yet :rolleyes:
But they're still a great live band :headbang: so you'll definitely enjoy the gig :)

We are going to have a gothic-dark party this Saturday with these bands:
Agregator(H), Dying Fields(H), De Facto(H), The Sepia (UK), Closterkeller (PL), Ashes You Leave (CRO), The Dethroners(H), Nevergreen(H), Sin Of Kain(H) .
I'm sure you don't know the Hungarian bands.. but does any of you heard about the Polish, Croatian and English bands?

Im looking forward to Behemoth! :D
wheee! Behemoth are coming to Trondheim :)
Second time seeing behemoth, but this time i wount be so drunk as last time :) cuz ill be working that night.... I work for Zone(those who arrange the gig)

and the week before behemoth, Cadaver Inc will play in trondheim, dont know if it is completly fixed yet though...

Hey Hellspawn, I've been to Behemoth last saturday, here in Rotterdam. Diabolic and Destroyer666 played first, but I didn't really liked them, but Behemoth was just fantastic!

Anyway, I'm really anticipating the Xmas Metal Fest here in Holland, on the 22nd of December, at 013, Tilburg. It will be the first time I see Marduk live! Yay!

Oh, and I'm sad about one thing: The Satyricon concert here in Rotterdam @ the 7th of December was cancelled today :(

I hope to see Therion sometime in December I think, and Thyrfing pretty soon.... don´t know...
The lack of cash is always a problem...

Last week I saw Toto in Munich - I was really looking forward to see these guys, they are really great ! I already have my ticket for Bon Jovi next June (!!) In between I have Puhdys, Saxon and Hammerfall on my list up to now. Saxon is probably the one I am looking forward to most.
Cheerz

Just for the sake of advertising it: Yes, there's a concert soon I will attend. On 23rd November (depending if I get to change shift with my not-always-showing-up-colleague) there's an Odroerir-Gid in Chemnitz, in the ZV-Bunker. Few people are expected, so, anyone got free time and would like to be there, is heartedly welcome (We can also talk about some free beer, I suppose ;) )

Originally posted by Mocika
setlist, review, pictures... ;) but first of all, Have a great time Gauni :headbang:

Hehe, I will!
I won't take pics myself though. I'll leave that to my friend Nico . I'm afraid it will take some time until his wife will have the pics up though (I'm just thinking about the wait for the Borkis pics ;) )

@ Ziu: that's not close enough :p I'm sure you will have fun though :D