ARE YOU READY FOR SOME (American) FOOTBALL!!!

I hate to be the one to rain on your Super Bowl parade there Edgecrusher..
But the Week 3 version of the Pats would've soundly beaten Cincy!!

And I wonder if Manning would say that Cincy game was harder than the Pats game....Given the history, I'm saying No.

And no matter how you cut it...The Bengals lost at home by 2 TDS (27-13)
to The Steelers who were just better...Plain and Simple!! I also think it was kind of funny how you didn't mention teams the Bengals have faced this year
But don't worry...Instead of listing a group of teams with a lame comment I'll just let the facts speak for themselves...Sun 9/25 @Bears Win (Rookie Kyle Ortons 3rd game) Sun 10/9 @Jags -LOSS / Sun 10/23 Pitt @Home -LOSS
Sun 11/20 Indy @home -LOSS...Rest of the teams they've played up to this point over.500...ZERO Chances of making playoffs with a loss this week...Good...Reason...Number of teams they play after this week with a winning record....ONE (@ K.C.) That's FAR AND AWAY The easiest schedule in the NFL!! 6 games VS. winning teams in a 16 game season and they're 1-3 basically showing that they could lose all their games vs. good teams and still finish 10-6....Kind of sad when you look at the Schedule The Pats had to play this year which was one of the hardest ever!!

So Chad can have his ridiculous end zone celebrations and if that's enough to make Bengal fans happy I say congrats!! That's cool...We N.E. fans have grown accustomed to Super Bowl wins And childish end zone antics can't compete with that..

I still say Jacksonville and San Diego will beat them out in the wild card race.

Edgecrusher said:
lets take a look at Indy's schedule, shall we:

Ravens, Titans, 49ers, Texans x2, Rams, a weak Patriots team. Hell they're first real challenge wasn't until week 11.

Steelers schedule:

Titans, Texans, a LOSS to the weak Patriots, Ravens, Packers, Brown, and another loss to the last-place Ravens. Cincy is their last tough game for the rest of this season. They play the rest of the NFC north, and the Browns. Looks like easy street to me.

T_man357 said:
numbers are cute and all....But wins get you into the postseason.

Well if numbers don't mean shit and victories are all that matter, then allow me to point out that the Bengals have 8, the Steelers have 7, and New England only have 6 going into Week 13.

How many times have I heard "Patriots" and "Dynasty" in the same sentence this season? ZERO

Super Bowl Appearances / Wins....

Bengals: 2 Times There / ZERO Wins!!!....THAT'S ZERO WINS!!

Pats: 5 Times There / 3 Wins!!!

Number of times in the Bengals sad history that the word "Dynasty" has EVER been used in the same sentence with the word Bengals...ZERO!!

We can play this game as long as you want...There's nothing you can say or dig up to disprove the facts...Cincy has a winning record because of their soft schedule.....If they had to play the first half schedule N.E. played they'd be winless.At least the Pats could beat The Steelers....In Pittsburgh no less

And when the Steelers beat Cincy on Sunday both teams will have 8 wins yet only one will sit at the top of the division...You know why?? Because owning two wins over a sorry overated team like the Bengals will give the Steelers a tiebreaker....Are you like a 16 y/o kid or something who would rather see a retarded end zone celebration while your team loses?? I'll say it again, If that's the case good for you...I'm not making fun..
But if you're trying to say the Bengals are an elite team in the NFL....They're going to have to beat someone other than the sorry collection of teams they've played thus far (Minus the 6 with +.500 records which they're 1-3 vs to this point)

I think you know they're not as good as their record indicates, and even if you don't...People who know Football see the truth. But whatever "Go Chad!!! Yeah great celebration!!! You lost the game but man can you dance!!!":rolleyes:

Ahhh come one guys....Can't we all just do the Icky shuffle and get along:loco: :yow: :zombie: I don't really know shit about football so I will stay out of this one.

No by all means jump right in....Edgecrusher doesn't know alot about football either:loco: :Smug: :loco: :Smug:

MyHatred said:
Ahhh come one guys....Can't we all just do the Icky shuffle and get along:loco: :yow: :zombie: I don't really know shit about football so I will stay out of this one.

Yeah, 3 wins each by only a margin of 3 points.

What I'm saying is that the Patriots are on their way out, and the Bengals are on their way back in.

Chad Johnson #1 reciever in the AFC. 2nd in the league only to Steve Smith, who I believe also has his own end zone celebrations.

Carson Palmer #1 QB rating in the league, only a hair behind Brady in yardarge, but I guess yards don't really mean shit since Collins is 3rd, and Favre is 5th. Also Carson is #1 in TD passes.

Deltha O'Neal tied with Darren Sharper for most interceptions in the league, Bengals as a whole are +20 in turnovers (#1).

I'd say in a couple years, Brady will be QB'ing in Detroit or one of the other lower teams along with his Super Bowl buddy Kurt Warner.

That's too funny!!! Usually it's the Indy fans running off at the mouth how The Pats are going down etc.... But at least Indy is making it's mark whereas the Bengals keep beating losing teams and have you trying to convince people they're a Super Bowl Team....Sorry dude, but when a team fails to win it's division with as weak a schedule as Cincy has, times that by the only competition in that division is The Steelers (Who've already beaten them in Cincy) what you have is a team playing just good enough to miss the post season.

And no...Steve Smith does not have pre-meditated end zone celebrations
(Nice try though!!!)

And all the useless #'s you've chose to post (That's right USELESS)
Ask Dan Marino if he would trade in everyone one of his records to have the type of career that Joe Montana had....Bet you he says YES!!

The Pats are suffering through a season of injuries to key players and have the added pressure of the toughest schedule in the league (You wouldn't know anything about that!!) And even if this is not their year..It doesn't change the fact that they're the 3 TIME DEFENDING SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
Again...Something Cincy knows nothing about!!

And something you wrote that struck me funny "and the Bengals are on their way back in."
When have The "Bungles" (I believe that's what they were called in the day) ever been in???
Oh you must mean in..AND...... LOSING THE SUPER BOWL...Oh I'm sorry, you weren't very clear there.

Palmer will be lucky to have even one tenth of the success Tom Brady has had in the NFL..That's the same Tom Brady who led the league in next to nothing the 3 Super Bowl Years....And the same Patriots team who except for some defensive stats led the league in nothing except Super Bowl wins at the end of the season...So keep trying to convince yourself of how very important those individual stats & numbers are....And tune in on Sunday because I'm sure that despite losing should Chad get in you'll see some type of ridiculous end zone foolishness...If I knew you in person I'd offer you a $500 Bet and I'd even spot you the 3 1/2 that the Steelers are dropping.

Since you chose to drop names of players you think are so "Great" in Cincy
Let me throw out a few...

Justin Smith - How could you not mention this MONSTER!! He's very good!
T.J. Houshmandzadeh - Your hero Chad would be NOTHING without this guy.
Rudi Johnson - I wanted him instead of Dillon! Great RB!!

You must not have mentioned these guys because they lack the various types of celebrations they should be making everytime they make a play:rolleyes:

Edgecrusher said:
Yeah, 3 wins each by only a margin of 3 points.

What I'm saying is that the Patriots are on their way out, and the Bengals are on their way back in.

Chad Johnson #1 reciever in the AFC. 2nd in the league only to Steve Smith, who I believe also has his own end zone celebrations.

Carson Palmer #1 QB rating in the league, only a hair behind Brady in yardarge, but I guess yards don't really mean shit since Collins is 3rd, and Favre is 5th. Also Carson is #1 in TD passes.

Deltha O'Neal tied with Darren Sharper for most interceptions in the league, Bengals as a whole are +20 in turnovers (#1).

I'd say in a couple years, Brady will be QB'ing in Detroit or one of the other lower teams along with his Super Bowl buddy Kurt Warner.

They will be stopped. Guaranteed. It's not their time yet. Besides, I love to see Manning blow a gasket. Priceless!

capt.nad11811290553.steelers_colts_nad118.jpg

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah....You beat me in before I could congratulate you for a
VERY BIG Cincy win!! And the more I think about it, it was a win for both of us, The Bengals pull out a tough game in Pitt and now you can continue having your silly thoughts about a Bengals Super Bowl appearance, And I didn't have to see that jackass do another reteaded end zone celebration!!

If they should hold on and win that division I still think they'll be out in the 1st round...But I've been wrong before (See Yesterdays game)

But there's no point in harrassing you now...Have your moment in the sun..
And again BIG WIN!!

With all the game day coverage in the Enquirer today (headline of the front page, pretty much the entire front of the sports section, plus two whole pages inside) you'd think they'd already won the Superbowl.

Steelers did an excellent job of covering Chad yesterday, but it only left Henry and Housh' wide open. I think he should have put a check in the YES box for Ike Taylor.

Bengal rookies had a HUGE day. David Pollack had a sack, Odell Thurman (defensive rookie of the year IMO) intercepted, Chris Henry had 5 receptions for 54 yards, and Tab Perry with the pivotal 94-yard kick off return.

The big question for next week is: Is Chicago's D good enough to hold Pittsburgh to their 4th consecutive loss?

Edgecrusher said:
With all the game day coverage in the Enquirer today (headline of the front page, pretty much the entire front of the sports section, plus two whole pages inside) you'd think they'd already won the Superbowl.
You got to let the Cincy media have that...It's far and away the Bengals biggest win all year!! With the type of game it was plus where it was played and who it was against...I was crazy impressed with how they played!!
I said it in an earlier post and I'll say it again T.J. is no joke!! Chad's lucky to have him on the other side.

That being said...The Steelers are ALL DONE!! They have a 3 game losing streak going and play the team with the best defense in the league (IMO)
The Bears offense isn't much (If anything) But their "D" will win it for them and hand Pitt it's 4th straight loss.

On a different note....Has anyone noticed that starting last month little by little The Pats are starting to get their injured starters back?
This could mean BIG TROUBLE for AFC Playoff teams!!
One thing no team will want to do (Indy included) is look past N.E. once the
playoffs start....We could be in line for a return trip to the big game.

Something to think about!!

Edgecrusher said:
Alright, he pulls out a cloth and proceeds to wipe and "burp" the football, and you're trying to tell me he didn't plan that out before-hand?
You don't know if it was or not due to the fact that he doesn't feel the need to run his mouth all week about how indepth his master plan for an endzone celebration is should he score. There's no doubt that Chad probably plans his months in advance, Hell he probably has a team of guys thinking and planning new and ridiculous ways to embarrass himself from week to week...Like I said he should thank the Steelers because the only thing they did right all game was keep that clown out of the endzone...

Steve Smith..I don't know or really care! He's less of a jackass than Chad Johnson for sure and Carolina is probably going to win the NFC so if burping and wiping pigskin works for him....And we don't have to hear about it all week on Sportscenter I say whatever.

T_man357 said:
You got to let the Cincy media have that...It's far and away the Bengals biggest win all year!! With the type of game it was plus where it was played and who it was against...I was crazy impressed with how they played!!
I said it in an earlier post and I'll say it again T.J. is no joke!! Chad's lucky to have him on the other side.

That being said...The Steelers are ALL DONE!! They have a 3 game losing streak going and play the team with the best defense in the league (IMO)
The Bears offense isn't much (If anything) But their "D" will win it for them and hand Pitt it's 4th straight loss.

On a different note....Has anyone noticed that starting last month little by little The Pats are starting to get their injured starters back?
This could mean BIG TROUBLE for AFC Playoff teams!!
One thing no team will want to do (Indy included) is look past N.E. once the
playoffs start....We could be in line for a return trip to the big game.

Something to think about!!

We have nothing else to talk about in Cincy. What's the big complaint about Chad? The guy is genuinely fun. and whats even more amazing is how good he is. He was double or triple covered by the Steelers the entire game. Every game he is double covered, and he still manages to get open and makes some ridiculous catches.

And Palmer is going to be better than Manning. He is bigger, stronger, more athletic, and in little over a year he has pretty much taken over the offense and become the no 1 passer in the NFL. Most of the game against the Steelers, he was calling the plays no huddle ala Manning. and remember the no huddle, and the quarterback audibles were first devised and created by a BEngal--Boomer Esiason.