ASK MATT

1. Ok, this one is a long shot but worth a try... Do you like Korn or Deftones at all? Two bands I admittedly love

2. Is there any "Cult"-paced songs on the new album? Are you willing to conceal such information?

3. Have you heard of a band "Beyond Creation"?, new band, they've been blowing my mind

4. Ass or titties?

Hey Matt,
first: you guys are really cool ! :) Keep up that good work and thanks for reborn thrash metal ! :headbang:

Ok Question 1: What about Instrumental songs ? I like Torment and Hundred Wrathful Deities very much ! Is there comming more ???

2: It would be very cool to get all the tabs of your amazing songs so what did you think about bringing out a collection tab book ?

3: Did you come to germany this year ? How did you like it to play in germany ???

Best regards from germany
PS: sorry for fails with my english :D

Matt,

You still have not spilled the beans on the the meaning of "FST", so can you now divulge more on this or is it still top secret????

Hi Matt!
1) What are your favourite metal bands of the 21st Century? Mine are Trivium, Evile and Sylosis.
2) Do you know the New Wave Of Spanish Thrash Metal? In that case, what do you think about bands like Angelus Apatrida, Crisix, Exodia and Vivid Remorse?
3) I'm the admin of the Evile Fan Club page in Facebook. I created it a year ago for all Spanish and Latin American fans. And I just wanted to know if you've seen the page and if you can give us a Like on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/EvileSpain
Thanks for your answers. I hope you to come back to Spain soon!

rationeclipse:

1) i don't like Korn, i like deftones, around the fur and white pony are great albums.

2) we've changed things up a bit, there arent really any completely "slow" "Fast" or "mid paced" songs, we have structured a lot of changes in the songs this time, its definitely more interesting this time around. There might be one or two which come close to what you mean though. There is definitely most emphasis on more up tempo stuff......

3) havent heard of them but will definitely have a listen to them....

4) Kate Winslet

NorMyers:

1) yeah maybe do another one in the future if it feels right.

2) Would be nice but probably too expensive to get them made.

3) we did a few gigs in germany in january and it was cool, good small shows, Dr Living Dead were BRILLIANT.

Mlefa30:

FST is a reference to what a character calls bullets in a book called "the demolished man" its one of my favourite books. Not telling what the actual song specifically refers to though. Its about whatever you think its about.

ChristianMH:

1) Warbringer

2) yeah we played with a few of them bands last year in spain, they were great! all really nice guys, it was cool to meet them, angelus apatrida are doing really well too, good to see them on big name festivals!!

3) I remember seeing it a while ago, i dont have facebook though, thanks for keeping that running mate, its good to know we have people behind what we do. We will definitely be coming back to spain sometime soon, its great!

hi matt :)
i just wanted to say you guys are badass and my favourite band \m/ come play in scunthorpe sometime?? :p

Thanks for the answers

1) that would be great !

2) hmm thats annoiyng of course, your songs would be a very good training for guitar skills !

3) nice to hear ! i hope you come again :)

rock on

I, like Dave, am just going to reask what I asked on twitter.

Do you guys just have Ol record all of the guitar tracks?

Any chance on a behind the scenes, or making of this album?

Matt, A few years ago you swore you'd nail Tweedy from Girls Aloud. Have you made any progress on that, or was it just another campaign promise?

Matt taylor:

cheers! we will try to never be shit. shitter.

thatguythatlikesmetal:

1) I did all my tracks on ETG, but when it came to doing nations i just couldn't match ol's tracks, he's far more precise than me, and i was wasting loads of studio time trying to match what he had played so it was most logical to have him do all the guitars so i concentrated on vocals and words. It works better that way for what little time we have to record these things, no point being proud about it, its a logical system.

I can match him live though because he keeps doing stupid ninja kicks.

2) probably not, we havent had chance to record much of anything.

Zehm:

probably a bit too ambitious there.

thatguythatlikesmetal:

1) I did all my tracks on ETG, but when it came to doing nations i just couldn't match ol's tracks, he's far more precise than me, and i was wasting loads of studio time trying to match what he had played so it was most logical to have him do all the guitars so i concentrated on vocals and words. It works better that way for what little time we have to record these things, no point being proud about it, its a logical system.

I can match him live though because he keeps doing stupid ninja kicks.

2) probably not, we havent had chance to record much of anything.

1. Oh, alright. That makes sense, and does seem a lot more logical. Up until last year I never thought people did that.

2. Yeah, it does seem like you guys are just working to be in and out of the studio as fast as possible. Was that your goal going in? It seems all the updates we've gotten so far have been "Boom, we have all of these done." and then a day later "Boom, that's done too."

thatguythatlikesmetal:

1) yep i guess a lot of bands probably do it, ol is just a far better guitarist than me so there's no need for me to take 5 days to do something he can do in 2.

2) thats the plan, we have 3 weeks to record everything and 1 week to mix it. we are far more prepared this time than we ever have been before so we're just going for it.

Thrasherdave:

haha yeah luckily there was never an FST redux, i'm not a fan of them.

Matt!

I won't ask about a US tour, because I'm sure you're sick of that question. :lol:

1 : Dishonored was amazing. My question to you... Rats? Plague? or Elixir?
2 : Buckethead. Ever listen to him?
3 : Did you like The Dark Knight Rises?
4 : I recently started playing Pokemon LeafGreen. What pokemon do you want me to name you after? :lol:

Isn't it odd that you did Infected Nations Special Edition so you wouldn't get a redux and then got one anyway, then NO redux for FST and... nothing? I find that quite funny in an 'Evile luck' kind of way haha.

I do have another question actually; If it's not too personal to ask, how're the tours etc. stacking up against your social/private life? An opinion from someone in your position would be appreciated as I'm obviously on the verge of doing more and more shows over the next few years, one assumes that it must put somewhat of a strain on the ladyfriend etc. SO yeah, any advice or anything to say in general in that regard?

Bit of an ambiguous question, a rather personal one too so don't feel like you have to answer that one. Also, WHY could Skeletor never defeat that prick He-Man despite being powerful as all hell? Why Matt, WHY?!

VERY interesting to see this up.

1) Has there been any stressful moments during the recording of the album so far (in the vain of Russ getting mad when you were tracking vocals that one time and you thought you sounded like Araya)?

2) What are your feelings towards Ol being nominated for awards for playing guitar?

Keenan:

1) secret option number 4 - STEALTH for platinum!

2) nope.

3) I did, but had many problems with it. It was well made, Bane was great, Catwoman was surprisingly solid (give me Michelle Pfieffer any day though), it almost felt like a good conclusion. BUT. sending ALL the cops into the sewers? when did batman find the time to rig up the giant flaming batman logo (that must have taken AGES), for a BATMAN FILM batman was hardly in it, Bane was reduced to a shitty bodyguard with that crappy twist, hanging from a rope is considered good back surgery? why did bruce wayne fall for selina kyle? she got him nearly killed, michael caine disappeared for most of the film - error. batman fought bane and was obviously outmatched as bane twatted him and smashed his back - batman is supposed to be a genius so you would have thought he would have sought some extra training or SOMETHING so he could have a chance against bane but no, he just ran up to him and started swinging and somehow won - error. theres more but derp.

4) all of them.

Thrasherdave:

1) Complete evile special luck. we are used to that kind of thing now, i think we live in opposite world sometimes.

2) It puts no strain at all on my relationship matters, if you have the right person it shouldn't. It puts massive strain on my financial matters though, but no one needs to hear the details of that.

3) because skeletor was a complete idiot. He kept hatching the same schemes again and again in the same area that he-man lives, he should just move to a different planet and conquer that.

Thatonedude:

1) no not yet, that tom araya thing was a unique event, this has been amazingly stress free, and it sounds excellent.

2) its cool!! he's a bloody good guitarist, if he spent less time on facebook he could probably WIN the awards.

1. Are there any real long songs on the album, in the vein of Metamorphosis or Hundred Wrathful Deities?
2 What do you think of the band Heathen? Their "Victims of Deception" album is one of my favorites of all time.