Ask Phelice a question (about Bochum)

Thanks for your solicitousness, he was ill, had leukemia and bone cancer, and didn't want anymore, but now he is in a better place!

Yesterday, I did something I will never do again: I first drank Veltins, which tastes so very good, and then we had Krombacher. It was so aweful. Never drink a good beer and then a not-so-good beer in a row!

Duckstein is red beer, Yes. but Im not sure if its categorized as red beer.
you really should Try Krombacher, you can try Becks, too but that has an one very unique taste which I dont really like. Try out. Miller is, to me, very light, has no real taste, like water.

OT: @Phelice: what a beatiful dog. a shame that such dogs leave so soon, I feel very sorry for you.

Miller is shit, Heinie we have here, Becks too. I'll try Duckstein. I mainly drink whiskey or scotch though. A hard liquor is always better than a softer one. ;)

Yesterday, I did something I will never do again: I first drank Veltins, which tastes so very good, and then we had Krombacher. It was so aweful. Never drink a good beer and then a not-so-good beer in a row!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

thats true. because of that I only buy one beer for an Evening so you cant mix it...thats always shit. but the other way works good...first the not-so-good one and then the good. actually thats the cheaper version...

Thanks for your solicitousness, he was ill, had leukemia and bone cancer, and didn't want anymore, but now he is in a better place!

Awww what a sweet looking dog. Blessed be little brother :(

:lol: In all fairness the plane is having to take you, literally, half way around the world.

I'm sure it will be dude :(
I wonder if starting to play the lottery would be a viable idea to get enough money to go :p

you bastard. it's costing me $3000+ just to fly to fucking Frankfurt from Melbourne! I'm coming home from London. Still expensive - worth it though! :headbang:

3000 $ ???? :OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG:
Holy Motherfucker... got to be kidding me.
actually I fell pretty shit now that Im getting there so easy...

but hell yeah it will be worth it !!! :kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:

Tina, I would really enough some sightseeing while I am there....any neanderthal caves nearby? Maybe old battlefields?
My friend was telling me last night about something called Austrian Rum, says it's red and taste like butterscotch...mmmm. He also said it was like a 160 proof. Ever heard of it?

You are probably looking for Stroh rum....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroh

and regarding sightseeing in the area: it, as always, depends on what you would like to see and how much time you want to spent getting there.
The whole ruhr area itself (where Bochum sits in the middle) has a lot of industrial culture. There are also some places where you can find the remains of old castles. Since several cities and parts of cities in the area are up to a 1000 years old you can also find older churches and buildings/parts of buildings.

Looks like I'll be flying into Dortmund. Just wondering if someone can tell me how easy it is to get to Bochum from Dortmund and how long it will actually take?

I'm guess it's gonna have to be a train journey.

Just like to know for when I'm going home how much time to leave myself to get back to the airport really.

Thanks

Dortmund is just the next city to the East of Bochum. The airport is somewhat outside
though. To get from the airport to Bochum HBf (HBf=Hauptbahnhof=main railway station) it
will take you maybe one hour, I guess.
Public transportation is usually quite good in the whole area.
Good place to check out the schedules (they've got buses and local/regional trains):
http://www.vrr.de/en/