At the heart of winter vs. Sons of northern darkness

AsModEe said:
what's that?

The grim and frostbitten kingdom. And I'm not kidding. They developed the concept of Blashyrkh as this place which is deep frozen, uninviting , full of frostdemons (Blizzard beasts) and stuff. Check out their lyrics and it makes sense.

Lyrics to Blashyrkh (Mighty Ravendark) from Battles in the north

far above the ravengate
the spreaded wings of blashyrkh waits
Above the roaring depths
Sits the oath of frost
On the elder raventhrone

Older mountains sleeping in my sight
By chilling woods I stand
A grimly sound of naked winds
Is all that shall ever be heard from here

Cometh the rightful kings of highest halls
Cry of tavens lurk the realm
Eternally through the noctambulant grimness

...Demons stride at the gates of blashyrkh...
...Blashyrkh... Mighty ravendark...

Henrik Main said:
also, i like "emotionless" music considering 70% of what i listen to is brutal or techy death metal, but i think "sons" is just dull and generic
Fair enough, but emotions could have just rendered the thing worse. You know, N*Flamez got pretty emotionnal, in a bad way, which means feelings and stuff aren't always a good thing depending you what you play, and I don't associate Immortal with emotionnal music. But, I'm not a fan of their earlier stuff so... (actually I never listened to their albums released before AtHoW) that can explain why I don't see the emotionnal side of immortal

Tranquillian said:
The grim and frostbitten kingdom. And I'm not kidding. They developed the concept of Blashyrkh as this place which is deep frozen, uninviting , full of frostdemons (Blizzard beasts) and stuff. Check out their lyrics and it makes sense.

Lyrics to Blashyrkh (Mighty Ravendark) from Battles in the north

far above the ravengate
Above the roaring depths
Sits the oath of frost
On the elder raventhrone

ah cool, I've always liked concept even if they're cheesy on the sides and I like it even more when the concept progresses through each album, as long as it doesn't get repetitive and boring

General Zod said:
Every so often, you folks get on an Immortal kick and force me to revisit their catalog. The result is always the same; they do nothing for me. But because I'm a creature of habit and because it's my life's ambition to be both tr00 and kvlt, I'll probably queue one of these two CDs up at some point in the next few days.

Zod
amen to that. except the whole "i'll give them another shot" bit, these dudes had their chance with me and it's OVAH.

i listen to them like Darkthrone. about once a year i put a CD of either band on, get to about track 5, and say "this is very good quality no frills black metal" and grab something else to listen to.

Tranquillian said:
far above the ravengate
Above the roaring depths
Sits the oath of frost
On the elder raventhrone

Pure poetry -- I am envious!

I hope you didn't think I wrote that.

Nevermind, Baudelaire was probably a poetry writer and someone was trying to be funny.

Demonspell said:
Who the fuck cares, as long as it gives us a momentary reprive from another terrible vision of Abbath...mighty ravendark, what else?

ImmortalNazi.jpg

AsModEe said:
why do people always look for emotions and feelings in metal? Listen to simple plan instead for fuck's sake! You'll have plenty of gay feelings
wow you're so stupid

and sond is like a less good version of athow