Athens again

toolsofthetrade said:
ah like, i didnt know yet. i thought Pieter had met a girl from outside this forum, have u 2 actually met like thru these boards?

Well kinda... We met at the 013 gig and we went to the Bochum gig together. That's where it all started... :)

musik0043.gif

brilliant!

@ althea: who's mini???

thanks ppl for the review. the setlist really looks great!
i look forward to see your pictures caroline!

btw, how come there's so little fuss about those gigs here??? everybody afraid to act like a cheesy fanboy? too lazy? not interested? or what?:D

Geez,sunday gig was F*****G AWESOME too!!!!!!! Hail to Anathema,u guys ROCK!!!!! Thank u so much for those great shows,thank u for everything!!Cheers and come back soon!!! We love yaaa!!! Be safe :headbang:
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

OK Irene...you want more news of the gigs. Well me and Pat only went to the Saturday show, but it was great. Packed out....we were upstairs in the huge balcony ...great view. The atmosphere was terrific....as soon as we got inside there were the lads and lass signing autographs and talking to everyone that wanted to speak to them. Those Greeks, they were cheering and clapping at the very ambient music played before the gig started. The guest band( sorry forgot their name) were very good too. Then the gig started...the crowd were singing along to nearly everything( maybe not a gig for the purist who wanted to hear Anathem in ......and the lads played superbly, the songs flowing very well, picking up on the atmosphere with Vinny in fine singing form, lots of little funny bits too...then afterwards, it was like meeting the whole forum all at once. All smashing people. Especially Mariner and Sophia, who I had spoken to many times, but had not met. Thanks for the Huntenpop gig CD Pieter. Really nice seeing everyone...funny I knew nearly everyone's face. Then afterwards everyone walked about a mile or so to a bar that stayed open especially . Think me and Pat were the first to go home about 5.30am, tired but glad everything went so well . I'll let the rest of them fill in any gaps. Ask Pieter about what shirt to wear in Thessaloniki.

haha! thanks for the nice review John! great to hear you had a good time:)

so ppl what about it?

pieter.be, please explain about the shirt ! :)

theres a new thread coming up for the shirt matter. its totally off topic so. and only for men lol :lol:

ill tell about salonica cause no one did so far really.
the difference in the setlist was that they played albatross (fleetwood mac eh?) which was kinda weird cause of the heavy set and that. then we got comfortably numb as well. and because someone was so good to scream for the doors we got like the the first 2 minutes of riders on the storm. lads, play the full version next time, okay? :) they didnt do wish you were here and everwake. wish you were here was the cherry on the cake (like we say in order to make something perfect) absolutely stunning. and almost unbelievable that everyone was singing along that one dead dead loud!
lee improved a lot as well; her presence on stage. she sings really self-assured now. giving her own personal touch to the songs as well.
the atmo in athens was much more intenser than in salonica. heavy like. people went crazy. tho one advise for you greeks: youre supposed to shout ir order to get encores. okay?! :p i like it more tho when its more sincere. when people are more listening to the music instead of living the music.

and i like it that they change the setlists from gig to gig these days. when you saw a gig a year ago, then you knew what to expect for the other dates. so keep this up alright! :)

finally i want to thank everyone. the band for playing wish you were here. dougie for the nice chat. caro and maren, nice to meet yous, was nice talking: we welcome you for the graspop eh! big thanks for sophia and chrysa for helping us out in salonica cops, tickets etc. and to dwra and bill for their kindness and hospitality. great food you made there mate!

see you next time. in paris hopefully. but probably not... financial reasons... :(

so zesterday was really great too... there were some less ppl then on saturday but it was still great, it was so emotional specially when they played parisienne moonlight... wow... amazing!!!!!! we went to a decent club after, where we hung out till like 7 in the morning, really funny night again, I'm so tired now tho, didnt sleep very much... thanx again all the guys and girls who I've met for making this such a great time, it was wonderfull!!! I'm home tomorrow, hope u lads had all a good trip home and see u again in Graspop, Graz or wherever :)

So... I'm back home. :(
All I can say right now is thank you to everyone for making these few days so special for me. Hugs to Caroline (for being such a great friend), lovely Lisan (thanx for keeping Mini's identity a secret, the pictures will soon reveal it... :D ), Pieter (master of pulling faces :loco: ), Dwra (one of the warmest and friendliest people I've ever met), and the rest of the Greek party animals (you guys rock! :headbang: ). It was great to meet you all, and I hope to see you again soon... Paris?! Graspop?! :Spin:

Mariner said:
the atmo in athens was much more intenser than in salonica. heavy like. people went crazy. :(
i knew it. it was pretty crappy here, especialy with the new songs. ah well. :Smug:

sol83 said:
did the crowd in athens sing along the new songs? it was kinda dead here...
They did... Big wow! Particularly "Flying" seems to have become some kind of new anthem. The crowd also sang along with the Pink Floyd songs from the first line to the last. Being part of a huge choir as this really gave me the shivers. o_O :)

I went to the Anathema gig also. The first night. I have to say that it was another fine concert, by an incrdible band. I went to Rodon club an 5 o'clock and I got autographs from Danny, Vincent and the drummer. If I knew there was going to be a meeting I would have shown also. I'm waiting pictures. Do you know if someone recorded the gig? I happen to collect bootlegs and I would like to have this in my collection.

Nice to see ya'll got great time :Spin: makes me even more anxious to get to graspop, if there's still tickets left when i get back. i feel like i shouldve been in greece also, but i dont really complain about my choice of coming here either :D

aaah, the hangovers in 37 degrees, bloody hell :yell: those chang beers really fuck me up. or maybe it was all the buckets of booze. anyway, i'm gonna wash all this sweat off in the warm sea ten meters from the place im sitting at the moment :tickled: