Australian Idol 2005

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Yay, it's started.

Thoughts so far? Surprising - and cool - to see a metal bloke get through, complete with pseudo-cookie monster vox. Doubt he'll do any good though.

Kyle is annoying I hate him what the fuck. He pisses me off with his 'I'm straight an honest' no you're not, you're a fucking hypocritical fuck. You go from "You have to change EVERYTHING about the way you look" to "I think it's good to have someone who isn't about oh, look how my shirt is ironed"

Faggot.

That metal guy getting through pissed me off actually. He couldn't' sing, and countless others can do those growl voxx. It's just that he was willing to forgo (is that the right word?) his 'metal' integrity by doing whatever someone else tells him to do.

No one I like so far. Except that guy in the credits who did Zep, Prince and Bon Jovi. I actually liked him.

I was ashamed to hear Kyle call himself a Wynnum boy, I am a Wynnum boy, that dumb cunt couldn't fight his way outta some fucking mud.

Why do yuppies ruin the working class suburbs?, bastards

Channel 10 have obviously said: "You're the mean judge."

So all he's doing is being mean. And then disagreeing with Mark Holden every 20 people or so, just to look like he's "not just being mean."

It's not even funny or interesting to watch him. When shit is funny, he won't even laugh at it, saying it's not entertaining and whatever. He pisses me off.

Yeah... There were actully 2 Bruce songs sung at the auditions tonight.

1 Was flight of Icarus by that woggy lookin dude and the other was that rather large gothic chick with the Ozzy t shirt. She was the one holding that little dummy thing that just held that end note for ages and Mark Holden sat there in pain. The song of course was Man Of Sorrows :headbang:

But she sucked. Did anyone else spot this? All they showed was the very end where it goes 'Has it just beguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun'.

Pretty sure it was MOS

I recognised Icarus, but not Man of Sorrow. The dude that sang Living on a Prayer had some high notes on him.

Still I detest this show. Mark Holden is a typical wanker musician that thinks he is better then anybody else. I feel like reaching through the TV and killing him, and i'm not a violent person.

Any good self respecting musician wouldn't go on this show. Not unless you want 15 minutes of fame and no hope of ever going anywhere afterwards.

I didn't recognise MOS either. I didn't recognise most of the songs, actually.

I still love the show. Plenty of good self respecting musicians go on the show. There has been some serious talent unearthed over the last few years.

Southy said:
A mate if mine at work swears blind he beat Kyle up when they were at school

Cool. Kyle Sandilands is a fuckwit. He's such an expert on talent, he thought his girlfriend's (one of the no-talents from Scandal'Us) single should have been a No. 1 hit and heavied the programming crew at 2DAY into playing it. After getting into a stand-up argument with Jay from Frenzal Rhomb in Darwin and almost getting violent (Jay is pencil-thin who would blow away in a strong breeze and Kyle then was about 100 times his size), he said that he would get FR's songs banned from Austereo forever. Which is some threat to make when they'd never played any of their stuff in the first place. :lol: He's being perverse on purpose and has virtually no integrity whatsoever.

I did like him last night, though, when there was this really awful guy singing, and then he stumbled and Kyle said, "Oh no, you were through to the next round before that!" and the guy believed him and blamed Mark on ruining his chances because he was laughing at him.

Heh.

I flicked over last night for 5 minutes and it gave me the shits so I turned it over to something else , will I make the effort to watch it again to see the imbeciles both as judges and contestants and perhaps be amused ?
Not sure , reason being , anyone who had worked with Jackie O for so long and not put a cork in her mouth should have a french excocet missile fired up their anal passage , one day a dj ( still a wanker ) , the next day a judge ( even more a wanker ) .
I fucking hate yuppie scum!!!!!!!!

You know, I'll be watching...and he'll be cracking me up...and then the next second I go..."what a fuckhead!"

It's bizarre.

It's like last night...some dude come in...didn't do too good...Mark and Marcia were like, you gave it your best, but sorry. And the guy was leaving at least glad he had given it a shot...

and then that idiot just yells out..."Your a beanbag with legs and no talent!" or some such. It's like...WTFMATE?

I haven't watched yet, but he sounds like a bit of a tool who is trying to be what the network wants him to be.

I am not sure if I will get into it this year. I really dug last year, but I am kind of over it now. It is good(ish) television for a while though, sometimes. We'll see.