Ayreon

OH WHAT THE SHIT IS THIS!?!?!?!

PICT1106.jpg

BAM MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

PICT1111.jpg

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!

Yeah.... those may or may not be my boxers with the coca-cola bears having a snowball fight on them.

Just looked up the release date... January 28? Damn, a whole 2 months early! well, i'ma cherish this for the next 2 months.

And before anyone asks, no i cannot rip it and send it to you because my cd rom drive on my laptop is busted :(

review soon.

That figures...

It's so ironic that out of all the people here who are really excited about the new Ayreon album the one to get their hands on it first is a person who doesn't really like Ayreon. Oh well....

It's kind of strange that a promo cd comes in a nice jewel case with a book/lyric insert. Guess it's because they want reviewers to understand that there is a story to it or whatever. It looks basically like an original copy only it has "for promotional use only" printed on the discs.

I know as a reviewer you don't just get every album ever that releases, rather your assigned certain releases or maybe you request to review a particular release. So, was it just coincidence that you were assigned the new Ayreon album or did you request to review it so that you could get it early and show it off to us on this thread! That would be so like you too if you did request it. :p If promo copies have been sent out its only a matter of time before its leaked all over the internet anyway. I know the only reason it doesn't come out until January is because IO does not release new music in Nov and Dec for some reason. I may have to find it online because I hate waiting; however, I still want to buy it when it releases.

Oh, I forgot to mention one thing. I forget his name already, but the guy who does the artwork for all the Ayreon covers does awesome work! I really like his style of sci-fi/fantasy art.

That figures...

It's so ironic that out of all the people here who are really excited about the new Ayreon album the one to get their hands on it first is a person who doesn't really like Ayreon. Oh well....
Whoa whoa whoa... who the hell said i don't like ayreon? Sure i'm rubbing it in a bit, but honestly...
For the record, both the human equation and universal migrator discs are fantastic, though quite inconsistant. Just because i'm not a big fan of into the electric castle doesn't mean i dislike Arjen's work. :err:

It's kind of strange that a promo cd comes in a nice jewel case with a book/lyric insert. Guess it's because they want reviewers to understand that there is a story to it or whatever. It looks basically like an original copy only it has "for promotional use only" printed on the discs.
It all depends on the record company. Some go for the cardboard sleeve, some go for a retail copy with the barcode punched out or the spine cut, some do special pressings like this one. Priority of release does play a role thuogh. With labels like Century Media (as an example) usually do cardboard sleeves, for a bigger band on the roster like Shadows Fall or God Forbid, they will do something much like this.

I know as a reviewer you don't just get every album ever that releases, rather your assigned certain releases or maybe you request to review a particular release. So, was it just coincidence that you were assigned the new Ayreon album or did you request to review it so that you could get it early and show it off to us on this thread! That would be so like you too if you did request it. :p If promo copies have been sent out its only a matter of time before its leaked all over the internet anyway. I know the only reason it doesn't come out until January is because IO does not release new music in Nov and Dec for some reason. I may have to find it online because I hate waiting; however, I still want to buy it when it releases.
Oh come off it and stop sounding bitter. I didn't ask for this at all. Labels or press agents have mailing lists and I'm on a few of them. I also got the new Lizzy Borden album from metal blade and the new Gamma Ray from SPV... so... yay? Since i have it, i'll probably review it (if it hasn't been claimed by another writer) but that remains to be seen. Otherwise it'll just be my thoughts here on the forum. But it's not like i was going "fuck, i sure don't give two shits about this album, but since those guys on the forum want to hear it I had better get MY copy today!!!" Damn, sure I was poking at the hardcore ayreon fanbois, but it wasn't so malicious as you seem to make it.

Whoa whoa whoa... who the hell said i don't like ayreon? Sure i'm rubbing it in a bit, but honestly...
For the record, both the human equation and universal migrator discs are fantastic, though quite inconsistant. Just because i'm not a big fan of into the electric castle doesn't mean i dislike Arjen's work. :err:

It all depends on the record company. Some go for the cardboard sleeve, some go for a retail copy with the barcode punched out or the spine cut, some do special pressings like this one. Priority of release does play a role thuogh. With labels like Century Media (as an example) usually do cardboard sleeves, for a bigger band on the roster like Shadows Fall or God Forbid, they will do something much like this.

Oh come off it and stop sounding bitter. I didn't ask for this at all. Labels or press agents have mailing lists and I'm on a few of them. I also got the new Lizzy Borden album from metal blade and the new Gamma Ray from SPV... so... yay? Since i have it, i'll probably review it (if it hasn't been claimed by another writer) but that remains to be seen. Otherwise it'll just be my thoughts here on the forum. But it's not like i was going "fuck, i sure don't give two shits about this album, but since those guys on the forum want to hear it I had better get MY copy today!!!" Damn, sure I was poking at the hardcore ayreon fanbois, but it wasn't so malicious as you seem to make it.

Okay, first things first. I think I got you and kenneth mixed up when it comes to not liking Ayreon. I think that it was that he likes Gildenlow and you don't, however he hates Ayreon and you find them ok. Honest mistake on my part which a little while after I posted that I thought I had gotten that mixed up.

Next, I was not being bitter at all. I was merely poking fun at you just as you do with others all the time. The Internet is doing a good job at deconstructing language and meaning I guess....

Maybe now you can better understand why some people can accidently take the things you say the wrong way when you "poke fun" or whatnot.