Ayreon

I don't think having all these great vocalists has anything to do with Arjen trying to make "bad" music seem good. Arjen has made captivating rock/metal opera albums that have returned him a great fanbase around the world. In the earlier Ayreon albums none of the vocalists were really big names or anything. Arjen just used vocalists he thought were good and fit the parts he needed. Singers such as the Jansen sisters and Marcella Bovio are just a few examples of vocalists that are more well known now because of Ayreon.

Arjen does pursue some vocalists due to thinking they fit a particular role on an album. He does not automatically look for already popular vocalists in particular rather he also discovers new "unknown" talent all the time. Most vocalists that are already popular who appear on Ayreon albums seem to have an initial interest of being on an Ayreon album. They are usually already interested because Ayreon music has proved itself worthy on its own and it is an honor to these vocalists to be a part of it. Since the fanbase of Ayreon comes from all sorts of outlets of rock and metal it is a pathway for these vocalists to be discovered because the fanbase already knows these vocalists must be good to be on an Ayreon album. For the vocalists that are already well known it is an honor to them in that they are already respected well enough to sing for Ayreon, for Arjen, it is an honor to him that these well known vocalists like his music enough to show interest in singing for Ayreon.

heh, symphonyXjapan = Ayreon fanboy. Tell me which of the featured vocalists besides Astrid on Ambeon was "discovered" or "unknown" before their debut on Ayreon? Bovio you say? Tell me you never listened to Elfonia but you're a prog fan? Please.

He picks big names and it makes him something of an all-star carnival. It's diluted. It has great potential but falls short every time because without all that star talent, he'd have nothing. His music is average and his lyrics/concepts far worse. I enjoy the odd song that accidentally kicks ass though.

Oh no ! Somebody likes Aryeon and Kennys mad ! Hes gonna challenge you to a duel. How very Kennish.... maybe hes challenged by.... OPINION :OMG:

He picks big names and it makes him something of an all-star carnival. It's diluted. It has great potential but falls short every time because without all that star talent, he'd have nothing. His music is average and his lyrics/concepts far worse. I enjoy the odd song that accidentally kicks ass though.

ummm, that's that thing called opinion again Ken...

I happen to think Arjen's music is excellent, and having an all-star singing cast is cool. These singers don't have to sing on his albums, if they don't want to they won't, but if they do that's great, it really adds to the mood having different voices to portray each character. Sure his lyrics/concepts are strange, and often very cheesy, but everyone needs a bit of escapism these days, can't be too serious all the time...

Exactly, progmetalpilgrim--Ayreon's not supposed to be taken with excess seriousness. It's there for FUN, not to provide the solution to all the world's problems. Just because someone doesn't have the required sense of humor doesn't mean that Ayreon sucks--it means it's not their style. And honestly, I don't think those "big names" would all accept his offer to sing on Arjen's albums if they believed that associating themselves with his work was going to be embarrassing or otherwise damaging to their career.

LT... you just did the equivilant of an e-high five. I hope you can look around at your life and be proud of what you have accomplished. That is all.

Thanks for the wonderful advice....

I will have to take a look around at all the amazing things I've accomplished!!!

Life is great!!!

Did you get any new posters for you bedroom? :lol:

I love how there were two or three replies just now saying zomg what you said was an opinion Ken!!! Stop bashing his opinion!!

Look at my signature, think for about 30 seconds (or longer if necessary) and laugh at yourself for the hypocrisy of calling to attention my opinionated post about someone else's opinion. Get a grip.

I love how there were two or three replies just now saying zomg what you said was an opinion Ken!!! Stop bashing his opinion!!

Look at my signature, think for about 30 seconds (or longer if necessary) and laugh at yourself for the hypocrisy of calling to attention my opinionated post about someone else's opinion. Get a grip.

Confident people don't respond like you do out here so the hypocrisy of this incorrect statement of yours is comical....

Thanks for calling attention to it out... :headbang: