bad

sol83

Jun 15, 2002
Greece
i know there are quite a few my dying bride fans here and i just wanted to say that the latest album is just bad. i dunno what happened, the riffs are boring and repeated, there are many atmospheric moments that dont have a purpose... i suggest you deffo download some songs first even if you're a die-hard fan. i cant say i liked a single one. ah well... :(

Cerulean said:
You should all know that you CAN'T like MDB albums from the first or second listen, for me it's a band I gotta give a lot of time to get into new stuff. They make albums that grow on you.

true! thats why I dont wanna give a comment right now, I'll wait till I listen to it more often... :)

I'm listening to it right now for the 10th time or so ... I was very excited about it at first but now I'm wondering if I'll ever listen to it anymore, be it only a couple of times.
Tracks 4 and 6 are winners though.

Cerulean said:
You should all know that you CAN'T like MDB albums from the first or second listen, for me it's a band I gotta give a lot of time to get into new stuff. They make albums that grow on you.
i've been listening to mdb since '98 and i tell you, its bad. even the first LP is better i think. maybe the last song has some good riffs... ah bollox, i hope they bounce back.

34.788 %.... complete is a fucken winner.
and i dunno why but i like the dreadful hours a lot :eek: surprised to hear that from me? :D

Well % would deffo give you a very wrong idea of what they're like, it was experimental. I suggest if you're into heavy doom metal you'd check Turn Loose the Swans, other excellent albums are The Angel and the Dark River, The Light at the End of the World.

the % album was an experimentation. And it failed. Apart from the first tracks and some bits here and there it's a failure experiment ... The albums you need to start with MDB : Angel and The Dark River, Turn Loose the Swans, Like Gods of the Sun, then you can give a try to the % album, the old doom/death stuff and the newer prog/dark/weird/doom/death/black metal stouffe