Does anybody out there like the new In Flames??

dolphz

Black Heart
Aug 21, 2001
Elmhurst, Ill. USA
Visit site
I have been listening to In Flames a lot recently, so I decided to give the new one a try. I know,:rolleyes: why bother. Every review I've read has been negative. Well I figured, it's In Flames, it can't be that bad. I actually liked Clayman even though most IF fans think it sucks. So I got the new one, Reroute to Remain today.

:yuk:

How can they call this an In Flames cd?? I mean, there are maybe a handfull of decent moments in an absolute sea of boring simplistic poorly sung crap. Let me also say it's NOT nu-metal. I've heard MUCH better nu-metal than this pile.

I'm just wondering, is there ANYBODY at all out there that actually ENJOYS this cd???

I'm sure there will be a few people out there that enjoy it. There always are. Hell, people like N'Sync

As for R2R, I heard the whole album on mp3 and it blew chunks

my 2 pesos

I think a lot of people are down on R2R just because it's something different than they've done for the past four albums. I don't like R2R as much as the older stuff, but I'm glad to hear them attempt something different rather than rehash the same material over and over again.

Originally posted by Iceheart
Yes, I do.

Obviously since I have the cd, I will give it several more chances. What do you like most about it? Were you an In Flames fan prior to getting R2R? What is your favorite IF cd?
Just wondering where you're coming from.

That new sounding one, Cloud Connected, that's like my favorite off there. Because it at least stands out, most of the songs on there are pretty generic. Although.. honestly, I never loved In Flames, and half the songs on each album are filler to me because I've never spent the time to tell them apart.

I haven't haerd it, so I've yet to make an opinion. I've heard it's pretty bad from everyone I know, but, I'm not going to base my opinion on that. I'll have to see for myself.

I got it the first day and I've listened to it all the way through at least 20 times i'd say. it's actually really damn good. not better than the last 4 albums no, but great none the less. i love the 4th song. whatever its called. Trigger i think? its the one about "from green to red....". anyhoo.....i like it. it's different. after i've been listening to emperor and cryptopsy all day, its a welcome change of pace.

as for dolphz Q's to know where the likers are coming from.......

I like most about it the differentness(not a word I know). its a welcome change for my ears, but still a good change. notice i said welcome change.
yes i was an IF fan prior to this purchase of R2R. since the colony days when i f irst got into the underground stuff.
fav. IF album is Jester Race easily.

Done and done

I don't think its a quality album at all, not because it's something different, but because it's something different thats not good. The utter simplicity of the music makes me wonder what the hell happened to those guys. I really suck at guitar and can easily play along with every song on the album. The country song is the lowest of the low points though. It's not enough that they had to try and please the nu metal kids, they wanna please the dixie chicks fans as well.....WTF??

I've heard like 2 songs and they were ok, I probably won't buy the album because I still haven't bought Jester Race, and I rather buy that. I didn't know they made a country song though, that's just funny.

Whoracle is the only album of theirs I can halfway stand. It just seems like every song is just like the one before it and following it.

Clayman and The new one (what I've heard) is just purely awful.

The country song..... haha

When a band has released as many albums as IF, they have two choices:

1) Continue releasing album after album of great, similar sounding music, and get bitched at for not evolving, and getting stale.

2) Try something new and different and get bitched at for selling out.

Personally, I think people are making way too big a stink about an album that, while not great, isn't NEARLY as bad as people make it out to be. "worse than 'N Sync." Give me a fucking break. The band has a couple songs with downtuned guitars, and uses clean vocals a little more, and you would have thought the whole fucking world was coming to an end.

Overall, Reroute to Remain is an okay album. Not bad, not great. Definitely not among In Flames' best work, but some songs ("Egonomic" especially) are kick-ass, first rate IF songs.

You're all making me dread hearing the new album... I love In Flames... they are the one of the 2 bands that got me into the swedish scene (meshuggah being the other, and well 'Nothing' speaks for itself)... I just can't imagine them not being as technical as they were.