Does anybody out there like the new In Flames??

hmm..i totally agree with what mr. opethfan has to say...well...so many negative reviews actually show that in flames are one of the more important bands...i got whoracle to clayman and i think they are pretty good but a little repetative...so R2R was a good direction actually...and yea i should get the jester race

I wouldn't be so harsh if I didn't know of what they are capable. Hell, if they would rehash Lunar Strain, I'd be a happy fucking camper.

I don't dislike R2R because it's different. Hell, Clayman was different, thus, I was prepared for something "off". However, R2R is a completely different story. With R2R, I hear an In Flames group that sounds, well, old. Blatant attempts to cling to anything that could be considered marketable. This album has no backbone. Rather, it's just an amorphous collection of weak songs. This would be acceptable if In Flames were a band known for their eclectic musical stylings, but let's face it: they aren't. When you break out the country licks, you're bound to lose fans.

But, as it has been stated, I'm sure many new fans [many new ticketholders] will cling to this, the next step up for Disturbed fans.

I don't accuse them of selling out, rather of being bored and putting out a lackluster and uninspired effort. You can almost hear them say " alright, let's try a little of this, a little of that, yeah thats a cool riff. OK, you guys had enough, good. Let's finish this damn thing and move on already."

I know I'm rambling.:confused:

Originally posted by JesterOfDeath
I have it and love every fuckin' second of it!
Well said!

I have all the In Flames CDs and I love the way In Flames sound, I'm not going to dislike/hate RTR just because it's not another TJR sounding album or whatever, (well that's my opinion and stuff)

I like it. But I enjoy a wide variety of music... I don't feel the urge to compare it to past IF releases, I just enjoy it for what it is. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. There are quite a few other bands that do the melodic death stuff well enough. I don't think there's a need for all this fuss just because it's In Flames. I don't buy the band and their history. I buy the music.

Originally posted by mindflesh
I like it. But I enjoy a wide variety of music... I don't feel the urge to compare it to past IF releases, I just enjoy it for what it is. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. There are quite a few other bands that do the melodic death stuff well enough. I don't think there's a need for all this fuss just because it's In Flames. I don't buy the band and their history. I buy the music.

what music?

:lol:

Originally posted by dolphz
Obviously since I have the cd, I will give it several more chances. What do you like most about it? Were you an In Flames fan prior to getting R2R? What is your favorite IF cd?
Just wondering where you're coming from.

I like most that it's a serious piece of music. They did what they wanted to do. And for me it worked. Everytime I spin this album it truly rocks...it's full of energy and groove, songwriting's varied enough not to become boring while listening through and I enjoy the production which is really smashing...I'd say I saw an album like this one coming when I heard "Only for the weak" for the first time... :) ...and I have no problem with In Flames' progression towards a more "modern" style...

Oh, and I started to enjoy In Flames material back in the old days of "Lunar strain"...but my fave is still "The jester race" and I think this will never change..
\m/

Originally posted by mindflesh
I just enjoy it for what it is. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. I don't think there's a need for all this fuss just because it's In Flames. I don't buy the band and their history. I buy the music.

Indeed! .