bad

Allan said:
Yeah, certainly a total fall from grace, I still own all of them though.
That "This Left Feels Right" is kind of all right much to my surprise actually.

the acoustic album is supposed to suck, i havent heard it except for dead or alive and it was really bad. Did you listen to it? Is it any good?

Haha, I think you have to love Bon Jovi a lot to enjoy it. I've had a nice time with some of it, nice and relaxed. That "Dead or alive" sure ain't good, no, but I never really liked that song. The new version of "Livin' On A Prayer" is very nice, to my imediate dissapointment it wasn't anything like the famous accoustic version, it's duet now, with very nice female voccals. A couple of the newer songs are the best surprises, especially "It's My Life", but also "Everyday". "Always" and "Keep The Faith" are solid too. It isn't exactly accoustic versions, but it's definately more mellow and relaxed. It's nice enough, nothing spectacular, but nice enough. Kind of interesting interview thingy in the booklet, too.

I have Destination Anywhere cause it was bloody cheap, I just couldn't resist :) But it's boringish, compared to, for example, that heartbreaking "I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride, I'm wanted dead or alive".

Haha, I even have some obscure thingy called "The Soundhouse Tapes", sth Jon Bon Jovi did way back before Bon Jovi, released after they became famous, it's awful.

And I'm glad no one has referred to Bon Jovi as him or he yet, I absolutely hate that, Sambora deserves all kinds of credit for their music.

Don Corleone said:
didnt you like "it's just me", "queen of new orleans", "naked", "little city" on that one? well, all this talk made me wanna listen to it again :)

Hm, I don't remember :D But I remember "Dead or Alive", even though it's "shit", haha.

I remember years and years ago Samantha Fox once said Jon Bon Jovi would be a fucking handsome man if he cut his hair :lol:

Cerulean said:
I was thinking the same thing :( And I hate Bon Jovi :( I once got a BJ album as a christmas present, that was one of the worst days in my life, cos you gotta pretend to be happy with it :(

Yeah, haha, like "oh, how nice, cool, thank youuu" and bigsmile. At times like this I feel my smile freezes on my face :GRIN: brrrrrrr

I'm indifferent to Bon Jovi.

You lot needs to listen to the first 5 (maybe 6) albums, especially "New Jersey" and remember youthful enthusiasm. It's only 2 days ago, I was having a flip rocking along to the first 2 albums. "Shot Through The Heart", "Only Lonely" and "Price Of Love" beats anything MDB has ever done for me, I'll even say it's doomier than anything they've done.

"ANOTHER LONG AND SLEEPLESS NIGHT
YOU NEED SOMEONE TO HOLD YOU TIGHT
SOMETIMES YOU DON'T KNOW WRONG FROM RIGHT
ANOTHER LONG AND SENSELESS...
FIGHT WAS ALL YOU KNEW, THEY'RE ALL THE SAME
THERE'S NO ONE LEFT TO TAKE THE BLAME
WHAT'S BEHIND THIS MASQUERADE
HOW DO WE WIN THESE LOSIN'
GAMES WE PLAY, WORDS WE SAY
CUTTING WOUNDS THAT RUN SO DEEP
LEAVE IT ALL BEHIND YOU OR
SOMEDAY LOVE WILL FIND YOU
CHORUS: ONLY LONELY - I CAN'T STOP HURTING YOU
ONLY LONELY - HOW MUCH PAIN DOES IT TAKE
IT'S GETTING SOMETIMES I DON'T KNOW
WHEN TO STOP AND WHEN TO GO
SOMETIMES WE'RE SO AFRAID TO LET IT SHOW
A STOLEN KISS SO OUT OF PLACE
IT WIPES THE SMILE RIGHT OFF YOUR FACE
AND WHEN THOSE FEELINGS START
WE LET THEM GO, LET THEM GO
CUTTING WOUNDS THAT CUT SO DEEP
ONLY LONELY - BUT I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU
ONLY LONELY - SO TELL ME BABE,
HOW MUCH PAIN DOES IT TAKE BEFORE YOUR HEART BREAKS? BEFORE YOUR HEART BREAKS
I GOT THIS TIMEBOMB TICKING IN MY HEAD
THIS TIME I THINK SHE'S GONNA BLOW
HOW CAN I SAY GET AWAY
WHEN I JUST CAN'T LET IT GO
SOLO
CUTTING WOUNDS THAT RUN SO...
ONLY LONELY - BUT I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU
ONLY LONELY - I CAN'T STOP HURTING YOU
ONLY LONELY - I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU, I CAN'T STOP... "

Sorry, Bon Jovi craze revisited.

if we're talking about doomy bon jovi song, nothing beats the these days album and this song from it..."SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN":

i lost all faith in my god, in his religion too
i told the angels they could sing their songs to someone new
i lost all trust in my friends, i watched my heart turn to stone
i thought that i was left to walk this wicked world alone

tonight i'll dust myself off
tonight i'll suck my gut in
i'll face the night and i'll pretend
i got something to believe in

and i had lost touch with reason
i watched life criticize the truth
been aiting for a miracle
i know you have too

though i know i won't win
i'll take this one on the chin
we'll raise a toast and i'll pretend
i got something to believe in

if i don't believe in jesus, how can i believe the pope
if i don't believe in heroin, how can i believe the dope
if there's nothing but survival, how can i believe in sin
in a world that gives you nothing, we need something to believe in.

PROPER DOOM

Nah, that seems sort of unreal to me. Telling angels to sing their songs to someone else and that Jesus Pope stuff, doesn't get to me at all.