bad

shaun's drumming is ace tho. as it was on the previous albums and on a4. but he doesn't write the riffs... :(

I never liked growling vocals anyway so i am not into MDB alot but i like turn loose the swans i have listened to a few other albums but they didnt get to me like the light at the.... i thought of listening to the experimental electronic stuff they did cause i am into electronic music, is it any good?

Don Corleone said:
dani filth's vox are not death! haha!

anyways, i AM picky, and he's really good at what he does. :cool:

i now he does not growl, its just these strange voice techniques, growling or the stuff dani makes, they are all shit to me. I used to read dani's column on metal hammer and i think he is a better journalist than a musician :tickled:

It amazes me that SOD, WOL is garnering such negativity. I listened to it and LOVED it. This album has just enveloped me in its infinitesimal melancholy and subtle rage. People say it is boring. How can that be? Because of the adagio and largo meters they use on this album? If that is the case, it is not the first time. Turn Loose The Swans was full of slow meters, and many claim that to be their masterpiece. Whether I agree with that is neither here nor there, but the latest MDB is just brilliant. "My Wine In Silence" may very well be one of the best songs they have ever written. Andrew Craighan's guitars just shred masterfully, and then mellow down for some cold but peaceful melancholy. And Shaun's drumming is just simply awesome as it always is. I really believe that SOD, WOL is the best thing MDB have composed since The Angel And The Dark River, and it will more than likely find its way into my top five by year's end.

look, just cos you like a band a lot doesn't mean that they wont ever release bad albums. this way of thinking has no logic at all.

right. i have nothing more to say on this, just try and be objective with the bands you love. i try to at least.

sol83 said:
right. i have nothing more to say on this, just try and be objective with the bands you love. i try to at least.

Sol, one of my friends, whose opinion I highly esteem, said exactly the same, so you MUST be right :) even though I never heard the album :D (and never will I guess).

i'm not saying you shouldn't like the album, ffs. but i'm getting some comments like "it cant be bad cos its mdb". now how stupid is that?

And I don't mind admitting that Bon Jovi has been pretty much crap ever since "These Days". And I doubt anyone can love MDB as much as I used to love Bon Jovi.

sol83 said:
look, just cos you like a band a lot doesn't mean that they wont ever release bad albums. this way of thinking has no logic at all.
Haha you're talking about blind fanboyism. Well, I'm not a fanboy at all. I just thought Scourge's words COULD rather match my words when I've heard the album than yours.

Don Corleone said:
allan, such a great example. i love bon jovi...but i havent even touched their last three releases...they ended with "these days"...bon jovi had some decent tunes on "destination anywhere", though

Yeah, certainly a total fall from grace, I still own all of them though.
That "This Left Feels Right" is kind of all right much to my surprise actually.