bands like turisas?

popcorn

New Metal Member
Oct 16, 2007
can anyone tell me any other bands similar to turisas please?
i know of wintersun
:danceboy:thanks:danceboy:

maybe M-A-N-O-W-A-R!!!? :headbang:

serious enough. for the metal meets violin/accordion/etc-blah thing maybe månegarm, eluveitie, skyforger, metsatöll, korpiklaani
as for the battle metal-things: bal sagoth, ensiferum, ...?
bands close to them might worth being mentioned: moonsorrow, finntroll

but yeah @ community. dont start talking that XYZ is not similiar to turisas, this was just a try.

and now you are going to add all these bands to your 'download'-list, what? :)

Download? Fuck off. Go to their MySpace's to preview tracks. And then buy the albums. With money.

As for bands to try (and I'll put the links in for you) here's some:-

Aeternam
Albannach (Not metal, but awesome none-the-less)
Annwn
Aes Dana
Blacksmith
Bran Barr
Battlelore
Cyhiriaeth
Eluveitie
Einherjer
Ensiferum
Finntroll
Hordak
Korpiklaani
Manegarm
Sheildwall
Värttinä (Again, not metal, but you may enjoy them)

Enjoy.

Nice. I like Shieldwall, never heard of them. The vocals could be improved, but it's pretty good music! :)

Yeah, but then the bands make no money... And can't afford to continue. And then no more music.

Dont be an idiot. You know and I know that the music industry is rolling in cash. The whole "they cant afford to continue" will happen when hell freezes over. Im doing them a favour, so they cant afford to be drug addicts and spend half of their career in rehab. :p

And remember, no downloading!
Hey Mr. Self-Titled Police. I can personally guarantee that if it wasn't for downloading (loads of it) I would never even have started listening to metal, and definitely not these quite "obscure" (excuse the expression) band like Turisas and such.

Now, uncountable numbers of metal concerts, festivals, band shirts, cd's, dvs and such, do you still think downloading is a bad idea? Think outside the box, don't be so freaking narrow minded. That freaks me out.

Dont be an idiot. You know and I know that the music industry is rolling in cash. The whole "they cant afford to continue" will happen when hell freezes over. Im doing them a favour, so they cant afford to be drug addicts and spend half of their career in rehab. :p

Yeah, but if everyone downloaded... Then no more music would happen.

And what is a rock star without a stint in rehab? :p

Hey Mr. Self-Titled Police. I can personally guarantee that if it wasn't for downloading (loads of it) I would never even have started listening to metal, and definitely not these quite "obscure" (excuse the expression) band like Turisas and such.

Now, uncountable numbers of metal concerts, festivals, band shirts, cd's, dvs and such, do you still think downloading is a bad idea? Think outside the box, don't be so freaking narrow minded. That freaks me out.

You got into Metal via downloading? Why? There are many other ways to get into Metal... And besides, if you only download, then your presence wouldn't be missed. "Obscure" metal bands have a difficult enough time getting by without people stealing their stuff. I mean, you wouldn't steal a CD from a shop (at least, I hope not) so why steal it from the internets?

I don't know about you guys but I love Terasbetoni,although they are a bit different than Turisas,but I love them as a band their songs and music and lyrics and all.

Actually Finland is like the mother of metal bands,so many good bands come from Finland that it's so hard to choose.Scandinavians generally have a very big tradition in metal.And I actually prefer Scandinavian and German metal from the American one which I hate :p

[...]And I actually prefer Scandinavian and German metal from the American one which I hate :p

One of my many weak points are that I'm a little close minded. I'm trying to work on it...still in process :rolleyes:

I think, in my opinion, you can always hear a faint part of style in music depending on where they are comming from. Don't quote me though, I know next to nothing on different music. I have really closed myself to music from Scandinavia. Perhaps it's because i'm from there :lol:.

Diffrence is always good, in nearly everything. My mind is rather closed right now to Scandinavian Metal...but with everything, things change.

I can't really suggest any bands that are the same sounding to Turisas, but I can suggest bands that I enjoy that are remotly similar, yet very different :)

Moonsorrow
Wintersun
Vintersorg
Tyr
Ensiferium