bands like turisas?

That's ok.For me Scandinavian metal rules!I just don't like the sound and attitude of the American bands.I think when it comes to Metal,Scandinavia rules.Like we say with a friend of mine:In Finland almost every house has its band.

Yeh. turisas do have a unique sound and for me the perfect level of vocals,but any folk/viking themed metal recommendations are welcome.i like Finntroll, ensiferum, elvenking aswell now and i will continue to find new bands and listen to the bands listed when i can.
thanks

Dont be an idiot. You know and I know that the music industry is rolling in cash. The whole "they cant afford to continue" will happen when hell freezes over. Im doing them a favour, so they cant afford to be drug addicts and spend half of their career in rehab. :p

Hardly.

Was watching Wrath of the Norsemen earlier and Amon Amarth admitted that no real cash was coming in until about Fate of Norns. And they've been going ages.

"We'd love to live off the music, but until recently, no real cash has been coming in. Now we're actually getting some money which is awesome."

And if Amon Amarth, one of the bigger bands, can't do it then the smaller bands certainly can't.

It's true that in some genres, whom I don't really feel guilty about downloading from, but in metal, the cash just isn't there as much.

Download? Fuck off. Go to their MySpace's to preview tracks. And then buy the albums. With money.

Don't get sand in your vagina. If I bought every album I "own" I wouldn't have even half the musical knowledge I have now. Not everyone here has a money tree.

Don't get sand in your vagina. If I bought every album I "own" I wouldn't have even half the musical knowledge I have now. Not everyone here has a money tree.

Sand in my vagina? You do have some rudimentary knowledge of the human body right? You do know which organs belong to who.

I don't have a money tree, but I kinda want to support the bands I like... I mean, just listening to their music? That isn't supporting them. Buying their stuff so they can afford to keep going? That's supporting, and I'm fucking proud to say I do it.

Dont be an idiot. You know and I know that the music industry is rolling in cash. The whole "they cant afford to continue" will happen when hell freezes over.

First hand, not true :lol:

While i'm in the lucky position i still hold a well paying job and don't really give a rat's ass about label-income and just do this for fum... That above is sadly not true :lol:

First hand, not true :lol:

While i'm in the lucky position i still hold a well paying job and don't really give a rat's ass about label-income and just do this for fum... That above is sadly not true :lol:

Lol, that's what I said earlier in this thread man.

Sure, Metallica may be happier than a pig in shit, but metal itself just isn't "rolling in cash".

I'd recommend the following bands to anyone who likes Turisas, they arent all musically the same but they all have folk / viking / battle themes

Ensiferum
Amon Amarth
Alestorm
3 Inches Of Blood
Finntroll
Korpiklaani