bands posting guitar pro songs on their myspace as a song

hahaha!!
that's the best thing i've heard since i heard one band putting up just guitar tracks without click or drums or anything.
simple plug and play into sound recorder jobby.

*tries to remember*

I see a lot of starting band/projects that upload Guitar Pro files. Looks like this band just formed as the myspace was made only 5 days ago, anyways I don't really think much of nor does it really bother me at all.

What's next? They'll send us guitar pro files and expect a mix? Come to think of it someone posted a song with a virtual instrument as a guitar here... oh crap :lol:

Well, the sad thing is that lots of young bands compose stuff in guitar pro and can't play their shit even close. Then they show me their gp5 files and in most cases the riffs are unplayable, because they were composed without the instrument in hands.
I often compose stuff in the score editor but It never comes to programming riffs that are not playable in the end.

Well, the sad thing is that lots of young bands compose stuff in guitar pro and can't play their shit even close. Then they show me their gp5 files and in most cases the riffs are unplayable, because they were composed without the instrument in hands.
I have to deal with this shit very often, makes me want to time travel back to the early '80s.

That's just ridiculous, but composing with GuitarPro is definitely not a bad thing. I had this really young band (the vocalist was 15, I think) working on an EP, and they brought a laptop with GP files of all the songs into the studio. Truth be told, I've rarely seen a band who had their shit so well together, and whenever there was doubt about a riff or something, a quick glance at the laptop was enough to get it straight.

What's next? They'll send us guitar pro files and expect a mix? Come to think of it someone posted a song with a virtual instrument as a guitar here... oh crap :lol:

:lol: I can see that conversation going something like this;

Producer: I see you just sent me Guitar Pro files and the MIDI of each part. Is this just for me to have on reference for the recording session?

Band: No, we need to mix that into a tight track to put up on Myspace. I mean, they have some sort of virtual instrument distortion guitar thing don't they? And you have a drum sample library right? Just run the MIDI thru those and I we can lay down the vocals with this Radio Shack mic and send you those files. We'd love to recording it live, but we're kind of all broke and really don't have our own instruments. We hope to get some shows soon and just borrow the others bands instruments.

Producer: Wait!? What?! Do you guys even have any money to pay for my services?

Band: Oh, we thought since it was just MIDI files and stuff and not us actually playing it, it would be really cheap and not cost much.

Producer: .........*deep sigh*.....*mumbles*....eh, dudes, I would love to do this, but I gotta go to the moon this weekend and record some shit up there. Maybe when I get back I can tackle this.

Band: Wait..the moon? Huh?

Producer: *hangs up*