New MISS MAY I cd (produced by Joey Sturgis)

dont like the band all too much, but definately a step up from your other mixes! a little less mechanical and more vibe this time. i dig it!

Joey's mixes as of late are sounding like a massive step in the right direction, IMO.
I just wish they weren't so damn edited.

loving the track and the production

but i could hear the pod straight away.. :(

The difference between the new and older tracks in terms of mix and production is quite immense. Congrats mate. Guitars still sound digital to me though?

Yeah, I asked him on Facebook, and he confirmed the guitars are all POD Farm. Although I don't know if he's using separate cab impulses or not.

hey Joey, maybe you can share with us a little bit about this one, and why is sounding better than the others...

I,m really liking it. Congratulations dude.

(sounds to me like the Criminal amp in podfarm...but who knows)

Criminal+impulses=pure bliss

to me, the specific model joey uses in pod farm has a really unique character that is most apparent when non-palm muted single low notes are played.

it's not the criminal model, i'm fairly certain.

and NSGUITAR, joey's been recording real drums for a long time!

i want to know where and how recorded their cover of swing!

This cd sounds really good. my only problem is the overuse of MASSIVE snare reverb. I'ts in nearly every breakdown and i think other sections like chorus'. just becomes abit to much when listening to the whole album

Otherwise AWESOME work joey

He's said before he uses the Cali Diamondplate amp model and Treadplate cab with U67, if you do a search there is a thread that was made after hunting down clues from Joey's posts over the time he's been a member here.

Anyway, fucking killer mix love it.