Bands similar to SX

The Battle is nothing like SX.

The most SX thing Allen has done without SX is this:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say the most SymX thing Russell has done outside of SymX is definitely:

and

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFTP3j0O3ss&feature=related[/ame]

(shit sound quality, the real thing sounds better)

Hey! There are a few Avantasia songs with Russel Allen:

States of Matter
Stargazers
The Wicked Symphony
Journey To Arcadia

Jorn Lande also appears in these (Except for Journey To Arcadia).

Russell has also been confirmed for the new Star One (it was guessed at before, but Arjen confirmed it in a recent video)

I might have to change my profile picture for the new album cover too....... lol

Vanden Plas or Seventh Wonder are usually considered similar...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp_RT4nmYj0&feature=related[/ame]

Vanden Plas is good, but I never really noticed a similarity to SX.

And yeah, I'm totally pumped up for new Star One, Arjen, Russell, and Floor are three of my favorite people in Metal, and I think I prefer the direction this new one is going in, much darker and heavier. Though the name is kinda silly, Victims of the Modern Age.

And yeah, I'm totally pumped up for new Star One, Arjen, Russell, and Floor are three of my favorite people in Metal, and I think I prefer the direction this new one is going in, much darker and heavier. Though the name is kinda silly, Victims of the Modern Age.

Yeah me too! This has potential to be a great album.

Speaking of Star One, reading their wikipedia page made me chuckle today:

"Live line-up

(...)

* Russell Allen - Vocals, Air Guitar

(...)"

I downloaded Suspyre's When Time Fades album and I think it just might be the greatest album I've ever heard. It has everything on it. The singer REALLY sounds like Russel Allen. Sometimes I forget and think I'm listening to SX!

I downloaded Suspyre's When Time Fades album and I think it just might be the greatest album I've ever heard. It has everything on it. The singer REALLY sounds like Russel Allen. Sometimes I forget and think I'm listening to SX!

Good for you...

I like that disc a lot also...

I've said it before...Circus Maximus is hands down a band I think sounds amazingly like Symphony X. Vocals are different but I think they're just great. Everything they have is good IMO. Imperial Destruction and Mouth of Madness are my top 2 picks from their 2 albums. Amazing band.

Downloading that Suspyre band right now...gonna give it a listen.