Overated Prog bands?

Posted by Lord of the snow
Then why is DT more famous and sell more CDs?

Well Britney Spears sell a million times more than both band put together. That must mean that she is a million times better and more talented.

Posted by Lord of the snow
Currently I also like Sym X more, but that may change with the next DT or Sym X album - in my eyes it's absolutely silly to have a ranking like one band is "first", another band is "second". It's all a matter of personal taste and it's of no use to anyone if somebody says "I think band A is better than band B" or "I think guitar player A is better than guitar player B"... Those kind of threads in a forum are really boring.

I didn't mean it that way. When I said Sx should be I was saying it in a light-hearted, joking way. I wasn't comparing them saying that SX is better than DT ar anything. I think that thats bullshit aswell.

overrated prog bands eh?

hmm
ARK
Conception
Devin Townsend
Dream Theater
Fates Warning
Lemur Voice
Pain of Salvation
Symphony X
Zero Hour

oh shit, my bad, all of them rule :lol:

Soul of Ice said:
overrated prog bands eh?

hmm
ARK
Conception
Devin Townsend
Dream Theater
Fates Warning
Lemur Voice
Pain of Salvation
Symphony X
Zero Hour

oh shit, my bad, all of them rule :lol:

:loco: I was just about to kick your cyber-ass!

Well, I think Dream Theater is really overated.
Talking about underated prog metal bands i could mention FATES WARNING. For me this band is the best prog metal band and they're very underated

I think Dream Theater gets about as much credit as they deserve. They're an excellent and very influential band, and they've done a lot to promote prog metal.

Personally, most metal bands could never be overrated, since they generally remain unknown to everyone except us metal geeks.

If we're just basing it on the general opinion of other metal geeks like us, then Stratovarius, Pain of Salvation, Soilwork, and Opeth are overrated.