Bands Similar To vintersorg????

Maybe more contrasted in hardness/softness than Vintersorg (part female vocals does that), but a great band to check out then is Dismal Euphony. They sing in both Norwegian and English... and guess what, just like Vintersorg, they're a bit preoccupied with mythical creatures, snow and mountains. :)

Just adding my part to some of the stuff mentioned earlier. I bought Nordavind through Moonfog Productions. They're quick at sending the stuff to you and they're a lot chefaper than the regular record store. One thing though, they only sell Stuff from the bands signed to Moonfog.

Hey hi all , i am new on this forum and happy to be here ! yeah , some bands may sound a bit like Vintersorg in the same style that is "black viking
metal" with some melodic , its normal. but i do
believe that Vintersorg voice is totally unique !
and yeah Trollbuden i know thoses finish bands
and nightwish is one of my favorte band ever !
what other finnish bands you know and like ? do
you know children of bodom ? so well , c ya next
time around.

My favorite Finnish band would have to be Shape of Despair, followed by Amorphis.

I'm actually far more of a Doom junkie than anything else. That's why Vintersorg is so special... non-doom that I can love just as much as Shape of Despair or Evoken. :D

i thought i should bring this thread back to life to keep suggesting bands... i think Isengard hasn't been mentioned. maybe it's not similar to Vintersorg but it's viking/norse inspired metal :D

does anybody know of more bands like this? or folk?
viking.gif

Yeah ´tis an old thread indeed...

just wanted to add, for those of you that still hasn´t listened to what tenebrose said and listened to Dismal Euphony... DO IT! And buy "autumn leaves...the rebellion of tides" !

.phyros (unhealthy, unwordy, depressed)

i discovered these bands today :)
Ulvhedin - similar to Einherjer inmo™ at least
Orplid & Of The Wand and The Moon - folk

and others that i still can't "categorize" 'cause i hate doing that ;)
Fimbulwinter, Kvist, Helheim. i suppose they're viking black metal...

edit: typos typos

i only know a few songs from On the Wands and the Moon, and i love them ... the rest should be as good, since they are signed on Prophecy Productions

I think I said it before in another tread. Listen to the album Dim Carcosa of Ancient Rites. It sounds like viking metal and they have a lot folk-influences in their music.

check out Finntroll: swedish speaking black-folk metal
that use accordian, flutes and traditional Sami(Lappland) singing

they´re quite funny sometimes . it´s not that similar to Vintersorg but closer to him than Stinkin Park!