Bands Somewhat Like Opeth.

shit i was supposed to say that, collapse the light into was the first song to come on.

i hate me now, 'in absentia' is grabbing me by the balls, i don't mind admitting i was 'wrong' lol but yeah this is pretty chilled... so far i've heard
-collapse the light into
-blackest eyes
-trains
-the sound of muzak
nice

ABBA!!

I mean, there from SWEDEN and all, so they must sound very similar...... well, I mean except for the Poppiness and the Women and the long hair (oh, wait) and THE FACT THAT THESE TWO ARTISTS SOUND NOTHING AT ALL ALIKE!!! :yell:

Stop trying to compare bands like Opeth, it can't be done, the only time you can accruately compare bands in a number of catagorys is when it's a cookie-cutter pop band, and THAT'S because all of them have the same WRITING TEAM!!! :(

In Absentia is some good shit.. yep

I don't really see how Porcupine Tree is all that similar to Opeth though.

As for the question, I don't think there are many bands that realy sound like Opeth so much as there are bands which convey a similar mood. Uh.. has anyone mentioned Amorphis? They seem to appeal to a lot of Opeth fans.

jester00 said:
rapture dont sound much like opeth AT all.

its more katatonia-brave murder day style

agreed.

also, evergrey is NOTHING like opeth at all. More like cheesy prog with some balls. No similarities to opeth in any way shape or form.

Evergrey annoys me.

and the one Rapture song I've heard is some pretty cool shit.. sounds a little like Amorphis to me, which isn't a bad thing.

simonc2 said:
I got Last fair deal gone down based on peoples reccomendations and its really boring. Why do so many Opeth fans like Katatonia, the newer stuff is plain and simply crappy alternative rock with the most annoying repedative choruses that get stuck in your head. No offence to katatonia fans, but I would have thought there newer stuff would appeal to pop rock fans. Maybe theres hidden suttleties that I haven't noticed yet.

I have to agree, although I like some of Katatonia's work they just don't do anything for me most of the time. Some bands such as Opeth get me excited when I listen to their work and Katatonia just doesn't do that, they just don't have a uniqueness about them.

I haven't heard anything from The Provenance, what are they like?

Niklas of DT gave them some props in an interview a while back and I tried to find some mp3s.. to no avail :\

Why is it "Death Metal" fans hate "Progessive Metal"? Prog takes an extreme amount of talent to create. Take Dream Theater for example, very few can play and match John Petrucci, very few can sing as well as James Labrie also. I'm not putting down anyone here, it's just a question. Good music is good music.