Bands that deserve more credit than they get

Watchtower is easily the most underrated band in metal. Listen to Life Cycles and then Cynic's Focus. Or Argonne Forest and ITP/Symbolic-era Death. Or The Fall of Reason and early Dream Theater. Or any of Control & Resistance and Spiral Architect. Or any Watchtower period and Fates Warning's No Exit. Virtually every major tech/prog band of the late 80's/early 90's wore Watchtower all over their sleeves and a lot of people are unaware of them, or write them off because their vocals. Aside from the biggest of big-names I don't think any metal band was as far ahead of the curve as they were.

I 2nd Watchtower.

Opeth. *ducks*

Seriously though, it is almost unheard of for bands to exist for 20 or more years, and write 9 albums without having made a bad album, or something that is so run of the mill that no one gives a shit about. Opeth has never done this.

This would be all well and good if one of those nine albums had any worth or even so much as had an impact on metal.

Fuck Opeth. Do people seriously still like this band? I don't think I've ever heard a worse excuse for metal (and songwriting).

Fuck Opeth. Do people seriously still like this band? I don't think I've ever heard a worse excuse for metal (and songwriting).

you and I both know this is not true and you are just trying to be "extreme" here.

surely there is some excuse for metal you have heard that is worse than Opeth.

what happened to my multi quotes? But anyways if the band is playing out of their country on a regular basis i think they're getting the credit they deserve. The good bands that could put on awesome shows other than their state or country are the under credited bands. For example Hate (pol)

This would be all well and good if one of those nine albums had any worth or even so much as had an impact on metal.

They play incoherent cut-and-paste prog rock with death growls. Quite an impact. :rolleyes:

I was exaggerating but they are a terrible band and I am really sick of hearing about them.

:lol:

I get what most people are saying about opeth, some of my friends don't shut up about them. I think they are a cool band, but I don't suck their dicks.