Bands that evolve greatly

Carcassian said:
On the contrary, the failure is all yours. Swansong, while much maligned, is a quality piece of infectious, hook laden good old fashioned death n' roll.:kickass:

:kickass:
And you know that my good man :kickass:

ohiogrinder said:
bull-fucking-shit. Symphonies Of Sickness is a classic.

Be that as it may, Necroticism has 48 of the finest minutes of music ever created :kickass:

The Greys said:
I don't like symphonies as much as necro but you can tell the band is going into the direction of Necroticism with the music. Both albums are actually not to far appart in terms musically.

True, actually, and for the first time in about a week. Welcome back, Greys. Have you been on drugs this last week?:kickass:

.... are you kidding.

I have not had work for two weeks and have been here just about every morning. You have not noticed me.

I noticed you, but you've been posting utter shit, along with some fairly belligerent stuff. Below your normal quality, anyway.

EDIT: No offence.

It's because i'm not watching the news this morning. The news gets me all serious and pissed off and I have been watching it to much.

Playing an instrument is fun until you do it with one of two people.

Carcassian said:
On the contrary, the failure is all yours. Swansong, while much maligned, is a quality piece of infectious, hook laden good old fashioned death n' roll.:kickass:

fuckin A man. i actually dig swansong more than heartwork. its a little more simple but its catchy as hell with some cool lyrics and i enjoy the vocals and overall songwriting much more than the earlier more technical stuff but thats just a style choice.

I think Sepultura was evolving greatly right until Max left for his Nu-Metal mission. The tribal thing was pretty cool, but they did have a lot of Nu Metal influences.

fat bastard said:
fuckin A man. i actually dig swansong more than heartwork. its a little more simple but its catchy as hell with some cool lyrics and i enjoy the vocals and overall songwriting much more than the earlier more technical stuff but thats just a style choice.

I'm feeling that vibe. Jeff Walker, I think, was really going into a NWOBHM influenced stage, and Bill Steer was obviously getting into the whole rock thing (as evidenced with Firebird). The whole monster hook / catchy straight forward metal songwriting was well ahead of its time with respect to the short lived death n' roll boom of the mid to late nineties.

I'm a huge Carcass fan, but I don't feel like they "sold out". I enjoy the humour and spite in the lyrics, and fuck, they already recorded the best gore/grind, death metal and melodic death metal albums, why the fuck would they record more of the same?

Jeff Walker for the win. I haven't got "Welcome to Carcass Cuntry" yet, but i think tomorrow might be the dy I buy it.

Oh, FB, get Blackstar (Blackstar Rising in the US) - Barbed Wire Soul if you haven't already. Swansong (3/4 of Carcass) plus sax and brass sections.

Carcassian said:
I'm feeling that vibe. Jeff Walker, I think, was really going into a NWOBHM influenced stage, and Bill Steer was obviously getting into the whole rock thing (as evidenced with Firebird). The whole monster hook / catchy straight forward metal songwriting was well ahead of its time with respect to the short lived death n' roll boom of the mid to late nineties.

I'm a huge Carcass fan, but I don't feel like they "sold out". I enjoy the humour and spite in the lyrics, and fuck, they already recorded the best gore/grind, death metal and melodic death metal albums, why the fuck would they record more of the same?

i think this logic applies to most of my favorite bands who get the sell-out treatment. you do something for a couple of albums and then you start to almost cliche yourself. you have to change to keep things interesting for yourself even if others don't relate. i actually just got the new dissection cd and enjoyed it even though everybody seems to shit all over it. sure its not the old style but that styles been copied like hell since then so why keep doing it unless you can improve on something that you already perfected? sure i miss some of the speed and stuff but songwise i think the overall product still holds up. is it called evolution though or just change? that will always be up to the individual listener and not mass opinion.

The entire thought of someone thinking of believing a band they like has to put out their favorite cd again and again is stupid especially when the people writing the music are the ones that have to play the same riffs and songs over and over for hours and also tour. For some reasons fans are in awe when a band does something different or sounds different years later.

I think there is a difference between changing while making good music and bands that are just to old, and also washed.

No wonder carcass said fuck metal and left. What would point in dealing with people that think your cd is going to sound like it's 92. There was nothing wrong with swansong musically. If you like a band not being able to go with the band letting them open you up to things you would not like you are probably not a fan.

One of those points of a band is to be able to do something and show you it's cool to like it. If a band does something you like that should draw you in enough so that you have an opened mind to listen to their music if they became different. Sometimes you don't realize certain elements or a style is good until your favorite band does it and you are like you know this is good.

Motorhead. No, really.

Listen to Motorhead (self titled) - then to stuff like Bomber or Motorhead.

They evolve, but very slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwly :lol:

The Greys said:
The entire thought of someone thinking of believing a band they like has to put out their favorite cd again and again is stupid especially when the people writing the music are the ones that have to play the same riffs and songs over and over for hours and also tour. For some reasons fans are in awe when a band does something different or sounds different years later.

I think there is a difference between changing while making good music and bands that are just to old, and also washed.

No wonder carcass said fuck metal and left. What would point in dealing with people that think your cd is going to sound like it's 92. There was nothing wrong with swansong musically. If you like a band not being able to go with the band letting them open you up to things you would not like you are probably not a fan.

One of those points of a band is to be able to do something and show you it's cool to like it. If a band does something you like that should draw you in enough so that you have an opened mind to listen to their music if they became different. Sometimes you don't realize certain elements or a style is good until your favorite band does it and you are like you know this is good.
Good point.