Bands that evolve greatly

Blinded By Blood

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES
Jan 19, 2006
Philly
Can you guys think of any bands that made a complete change around for the better in their career? Katatonia and Ulver are the two main examples I can think of

Norther
Dark Tranquillity (i personally really like thier new sound much better than thier early sound)
Symphony X (the divine wings of tragedy and the odysessy are much better than the damnation game and twilight)

I can think of two...

Thyrfing
Judas Priest

Judas Priest especially, I mean from Sad Wings, to Hellbent, Turbo, Defenders, Painkiller, is this band the same that created all these records and more?

Dimmu Borgir (Improved their style and evolved the overall sound of their music)
Judas Priest
Cradle of Filth (Even though after Nymphetamine they lost some fans because of the way they had changed their style, but gained more fans from other places to make up the numbers. But true Cradle fans stayed with them)

yeh, Cradle kind of found out who their loyal fans were through those albums. I've only been listnin to Cradle SINCE Vempire and got the previous albums after. But Damnation & A Day is one of their best, well one of my faves anyway.

I liked Damnation as well. My fav Cradle album is Dusk.. and well as Principal. Cruelty and Median are also good at times, but i dont think they have the consistancy of their earlier works.

Bitter suites is truely one of the worst albums ever though, even the remakes of the older songs sucked

Teh Grimarse said:
@ danallica
why would you assume i was talking to you when i'd made two previous posts directed at Xeroth?

im so sorra