Band's that have declined horribly

Actually, I heard the new Orgy was pretty good.

Fear Factory and Machine Head have both gotten better.

I like new Amorphis.

Life Sucks said:
Couldn't disagree more! I think A Natural Disaster is their best album.... A a fine day to exit their second best album :)

Stratovarius' new stuff is ridiculously bad... They never were that great in the first place, but Elements part 1 was awful... Haven;t heard part 2...

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Just about every band that's been around for more than 15 years gets worse over time, even the greats. Maiden, Priest, Motorhead, Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, Morbid Angel etc etc. They may produce good albums, but none of their latestt works can match their early classics.
Of course, some bands don't even try to be musically viable, favouring the chance to earn more cash instead - like fucking Metallica. :bah:
Dude, I couldn't agree more. After a band goes for a while, they lose their magic and goes stale it seems. I think some of these bands should just throw in the towl. I don't wanna here any you dudes slander Megadeth, because the new album is gonna fucking rock. Look at testament, they had run dry and then they put out the gathering.

Meshuggah - Not a huige decline but their stuff just isn't as crazy and whacked out as their earlier stuff Chaosphere i still there best IMO)

Metallica - Obviously, St anger is the biggest pile of trash ever. They actually apologized for it though which was strange.

Megadeth - Everything after Rust In Peace hasn't been anywhere near as good as their earlier stuff.

Machine Head - Burn My Eyes is awesome, everything else is shit

Metallica.
Slayer....kinda.......God hates us All lyrically blew (never let Kerry King write lyrics) but musically it was ok. And the album before that I wasn't into. BUT they still kill live, so I forgive them.
Britney Spears. What a sellout. Her first album was troo brootality, diving into black metal mayhem. Now she's all pop. Damn her!!!

again I kid.

In Flames
Soilwork
Metallica
Sepultura
Slayer
I can see Children of Bodom getting worse, HCDR was crap
At The Gates, i just got slaugher of the soul on vinyl, its poor compared to earlier material, too commercial sounding like GoD said in a different post although i didnt believe him at first

yeh i third what taking the music back said.

bands just cant seem to last more than 15 years or so, without heading into major decline.

death were brilliant. not one bad album. i think their last 3 albums were their best. biggest set back in metal was the death of chuck. rip \m/

I would just like to say that Kreator have been around 15 years plus, and are still producing great music. Unlike most other thrash bands Kreator have kept with the style they did ages ago. Kreator rule!!

Angrafan said:
Stratovarius' new stuff is ridiculously bad... They never were that great in the first place, but Elements part 1 was awful... Haven;t heard part 2...

Haha, I was even more disappointed to hear that Tolkki isn't quitting the band even after the recent stabbing he received. You should hear the gay new album title... their site says he's too shocked to publish anything about the attack, but the latest GuitarWorld issue has almost a page long article with quotes from him. :loco: What an idiot, he's playing this thing for a helluva lot more than it should be. Stratovarius needs to end, Tolkki needs some HEAVY medication and the world will be made a little bit better.

Erik said:
Apologized? Hm. Please elaborate.

umm, twas in metal hammer or some magazine, Lars apologized for the drum sound, kirk and james apologized for the no guitar solos thing.

they said that the'yre next album will be more like their old style but hey, can we believe them?

i'll see if i can find the article, and i'll post it.

My Dying Bride
Rakoth ( Jabberworks rules ans Tiny Death = zZzZ )
Iron Maiden
Machine Head
Mork Gryning