Bands to watch out for...

MiniMoose

Apr 22, 2008
A thread to introduce bands you want others to check out for whatever reason. Link to their music is a must of course.
If this thread already exists..so god help me, I really hate the search function here. Yes, burn my limbs etc..

Well, just found a new band I want to throw out there. Yet another swedish one actually...
Sweden seems to be in the lead when it comes to new interesting bands these days. Not sure why...

Remember the good old days with burzum and grevens fantastic angstridden shrieks? This is something well..interesting at least. Many here probably already know about these guys...they're new to me and hey..they've hit a nerve if you ask me. This is a rock/metal/industrial/alternative (of course) band...with a burzum edge...?

Very ironic band name btw..

LIFELOVER

http://www.myspace.com/lifeloverband

Not sure if this goes here but..

I got to see Within Temptations Black Symphony - I was blown away. Im not saying that I was a Within Temptation fan but after seeing that I was very impressed.

If you haven't seen it (check out the Blu Ray version - a benchmark in live DVD for sure) I really recommend it.

I support this.
They have made some mistakes ('what have you done' is among the largest) but they are still a cool band. And they got my girlfriend into metal, so cheers.

Good recommendation. Lifelover is awesome. One of the very few newer bands from the last several years that has really caught my ear. They're just so catchy, depressive, and disturbing at the same time; I love it! It's like taking early Katatonia, Shining, and Alcest...three bands I adore, and wrapping it all into one band. :kickass:

Good recommendation. Lifelover is awesome. One of the very few newer bands from the last several years that has really caught my ear. They're just so catchy, depressive, and disturbing at the same time; I love it! It's like taking early Katatonia, Shining, and Alcest...three bands I adore, and wrapping it all into one band. :kickass:

:) :kickass:

To me it's almost comedic how people could like that band.

-1 ;)

Why comedic?
Finally I hear something that hasn't been done a million times before. I'm very happy about it. A bit of The Cure, In The Woods..., Burzum and some mention Kent (haven't heard that yet though). To me this sounds fresh. But sure, you like what you like.

Love the artwork on The twilight sad cds. Will check the music out later.

Karnivool sounded not all too bad, but not for me.