Bands you feel are overrated

Demigod: Don't get me wrong, I think they're good. But a lot of people seem to think that Slumber of Sullen Eyes is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I think it's just good. There are quite a few Finnish dm albums that I find more interesting than this one, e.g. North from Here, Psychostasia, Nespithe, The Karelian Isthmus.

Therion: I don't really give a rat's ass about their opera metal stuff, and I don't really know if it's overrated. Their early stuff - particularly Beyond Sanctorum - is ridiculously overrated by metal elitists, or at least it was at one point in time. I don't really think it's one of the greatest dm albums of all time, although it does have some really inspired moments on it. Maybe I'll give it more tries in the future. Come to think of it, I find Swedish death metal in general to be extremely overrated, specifically the kind of stuff in the style of Entombed, Unleashed, Dismember, etc. That stuff is fine in small doses, but I don't find it very musically interesting. I suppose it's too stripped down for my taste.

Graveland: Later Graveland mostly sounds like sonic wallpaper to me. It's background music imo. Rob Darken should wait longer between releases and allow his material to develop more. Boring.

Master's Hammer: Sorry. They don't do much for me. They're decent.

Ghost: whatever

Varathron: This is a band that I want to love but I can't.

I don't get why people prefer Nespithe over SOSE. Personally, I think Demilich is incredibly boring by comparison. I do agree about TKI, however.

Maybe you're just racist against Swedes.

I'm with you on Graveland and Master's Hammer. I'm not familiar with Ghost, and I can't say that I love Varathron, but they ain't bad.

Therion's best comes from Symphony Masses and Of Darkness as far as I'm concerned. SM is just weird awesome osdm.

Graveland: Later Graveland mostly sounds like sonic wallpaper to me. It's background music imo. Rob Darken should wait longer between releases and allow his material to develop more. Boring

I've gotten more and more into later Graveland recently. I have more and more come to feel like this is what Amon Amarth would sound like if there was actually some effort to put heart and intricacy in the songs. A good take on modern metal.

Proclamation: everyone seems to think they're fucking awesome Black Metal, I just can't help but think they're an abysmal Blasphemy rip off with none of the talent of the aforementioned band.

I wouldn't expect a Lebanese to be able to comprehend such brilliance as Master's Hammer.

Also Proclamation is only overrated by the kvltofago crowd that exclusively listens to bands with goat penises on the covers and limit their color palette to black, white, and red.

I've always loved the opening track to Ritual but I haven't been able to appreciate anything else they've done. That still makes them better than most other black metal bands.

Overrated bands.

Dimmu Borgir.
Burzum.
Mayhem.
Behemoth.
Darkthrone.
The Chasm.
Deicide.
Iced Earth.
Megadeth.
Cryptopsy.
Immortal.
Decapitated.
Emperor.
Vital Remains.
Six Feet Under.
Nile.

Overrated bands.

Dimmu Borgir.
Burzum.
Mayhem.
Behemoth.
Darkthrone.
The Chasm.
Deicide.
Iced Earth.
Cryptopsy.
Decapitated.
Vital Remains.
Six Feet Under.
Nile.
I'll agree with some of these, especially Nile. A coworker of mine has been praising the fuck out of them lately and gave me a few albums to check out. Never liked them previously now i'm convinced they suck.