Bands you feel are overrated

What the fuck? :lol: Of course they wouldn't. They made an incredible masterpiece of an album, and because of that, they are respected, what's the problem?

It's like calling Leonardo da Vinci the greatest painter of the Renaissance just for painting the Mona Lisa. My point still stands.

It's like calling Leonardo da Vinci the greatest painter of the Renaissance just for painting the Mona Lisa. My point still stands.

Considering how few albums Dissection ever released... No.

As long as we can all agree Sacramentum perfected the style, I'm fine w/ whatever statements.

o_O

I agree, that Sacramentum is one of the best, but I wouldn't talk about "perfecting the style", since they are more like simplified version of Dissection.

It isn't even in the top 5 of that style.

Sacramentum - Far Away from the Sun
Dawn - Nær Sólen Gar Niþer For Evogher
Sorhin - I Det Glimrande Mörkrets Djup
Vinterland - Welcome My Last Chapter
Dissection - The Somberlain

are all leagues ahead of it

Those are all excellent, but not nearly as good as Storm IMO. Sorhin is easily leagues behind the other four.

I've probably listened to them a lot more than yourself.

I love when arguments about music get to the point where people argue over how many times they've listened to some album. It genuinely shows how fucking retarded the people involved in the discussion are. Which is in this case fucking verily.

I love when arguments about music get to the point where people argue over how many times they've listened to some album. It genuinely shows how fucking retarded the people involved in the discussion are. Which is in this case fucking verily.

I love when people are too retarded to understand the context of a sentence. He implied, that I have listened to Sacramentum too little to know what it really sounds like, and I denied that.

I love when people are too retarded to understand the context of a sentence. He implied, that I have listened to Sacramentum too little to know what it really sounds like, and I denied that.

And I have classified both of you as retards because you both participate in this argument. I understood the context perfectly, faggot.

Yeah, you can post a laughing smiley and be "above things", but you are trying to convince people on a message board that you have listened to some album more times than some other fellow because someone told you that you haven't listened to it enough times. :)

I know growing up takes some time, kid.

This is pretty weird, I agree with Mort for once, haha. The Somberlain to me is the more cohesive of the three Dissection albums. Reinkaos is trash any way you look at it, and Storm is good, but not up to par with The Somberlain to me. Also, Sacramentum is much better, and more complex, and saying otherwise just shows up much of an Dissection asskiss you truly are. :)

Yeah, you can post a laughing smiley and be "above things", but you are trying to convince people on a message board that you have listened to some album more times than some other fellow because someone told you that you haven't listened to it enough times. :)

I know growing up takes some time, kid.

Calling me faggot and kid without much provocation doesn't really speak highly of your maturity, which you are obviously trying to point out.

This is pretty weird, I agree with Mort for once, haha. The Somberlain to me is the more cohesive of the three Dissection albums. Reinkaos is trash any way you look at it, and Storm is good, but not up to par with The Somberlain to me. Also, Sacramentum is much better, and more complex, and saying otherwise just shows up much of an Dissection asskiss you truly are. :)

As if complexity is some kind of intrinsic value :rolleyes: Sacramentum just sounds simplier to my ears, that doesn't mean I dislike it.

Sacramentum is much better, and more complex, and saying otherwise just shows up much of an Dissection asskiss you truly are. :)

You are joking, aren't you?

This post belongs in the hall of fame. SACRAMENTUM ahead of Dissection? You must recently have been on the receiving end of a blow to the head. A very hard blow.

That surprises me. I don't find Somberlain to be a very interesting album. A few good songs, but on the whole its rather flat. On the other hand, every track on Storm of the Lights Bane is an extremely diverse album in which every song stands out as excellent. Obviously Reinkaos is a terrible album.

How anybody can possibly describe Far Away from the Sun as a simplified version of Dissection is really beyond me. If anything, it would be a more complex version of Dissection with nearly all of the heavy metal influences atrophied away. To say that one is more complex than another is by no means to say that one is better than the other, regardless. And I still think it's ridiculous that one has to be brought up any time the other is as though they're inseparably intertwined.

Have you heard : Hirilorn - Legends of Evil and Eternal Death ?

Hirilorn is obviously AWESOME, but it sounds nothing like Dissection, so I don't see the relevance.

Considering how few albums Dissection ever released... No.

How slow are you? If you would put you're fanboism aside and realize you're favorite band/album isn't beyond any sort of criticism you would be able to see my point in a clearer perspective. Look, I LOVE Storm of the Light's Bane it's a GREAT album but it doesn't make Dissection one of the greatest black metal bands of all time. If they would have made more albums of the same calibur I wouldn't call them overrated.