Bands you feel are overrated

I thought Ritual was pretty damn good. The followup while not as good was still worthy.

Jilemnice Occultist is based on the story and old-schoolish czech lyrics. I can understand why foreign listeners don't understand most of the avant-garde aspects of this masterpiece. I myself can sing along most of the lyrics, so the album feels like ten minutes for me and it's amazing.

As Matt said though, MH is for superior minds only (outside of Lebanon), which could be translated into a not-elitist speech as "it requires a bit of understanding".

Jilemnice Occultist is based on the story and old-schoolish czech lyrics. I can understand why foreign listeners don't understand most of the avant-garde aspects of this masterpiece. I myself can sing along most of the lyrics, so the album feels like ten minutes for me and it's amazing.

As Matt said though, MH is for superior minds only (outside of Lebanon), which could be translated into a not-elitist speech as "it requires a bit of understanding".

well i could tell that there was some story going on by the titles but like you said its not something I could follow without a translation. so my judgments have been purely based on the music. in which case i liked ritual more.

I don't get that which asshole has told you that Lebanese are idiots? Anyway, i'm originally Armenian than Lebanese.

I don't get that which asshole has told you that Lebanese are idiots? Anyway, i'm originally Armenian than Lebanese.

I was just quoting Dodens because I found his racist comment humorous. It's not my opinion or anything, that would be ridiculous.

The Lebanese comment was pretty obviously a joke, brosephs. As was the "superior minds" comment, despite it actually being true. There's a reason that Onder and I worked on providing a worthy translation of the first two albums. Master's Hammer even provides a link to the translations on their website.

The only good album they ever put out is The Somberlain.

Well, that's just like your opinion man. Storm of the Light's Bane is the best album in the universe, and Reinkaos is a lyrical masterpiece. The Somberlain is of course a masterpiece too, though not as soild as SOTLB.

I like SOTLB. I like it even better than The Somberlain, actually. But the cool thing to say is that The Somberlain is better. I can understand why people would take that view, but I can't see any credible argument for thinking that SOTLB isn't at least a good album.

SOTLB is one of the best albums in that vein of metal and to deny such is just an example of being contrary for no reason except for attention-seeking.

It isn't even in the top 5 of that style.

Sacramentum - Far Away from the Sun
Dawn - Nær Sólen Gar Niþer For Evogher
Sorhin - I Det Glimrande Mörkrets Djup
Vinterland - Welcome My Last Chapter
Dissection - The Somberlain

are all leagues ahead of it

It isn't even in the top 5 of that style.

are all leagues ahead of it

These dont do jack for me and definitely arent better than the SotLB

Sacramentum - Far Away from the Sun

Excellent

Excellent

meh

Generic, not even worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as SOTLB

Dissection - The Somberlain

Excellent

Well, take out the Sorhin and Vinterland albums and it looks like SOTLB gets in there easily. And really, who in their right mind gives a shit about those two bands anyway? Mildly enjoyable but totally forgettable.

I definitely wouldn't consider either of them forgettable.

Should definitely not said TS was their only good album, SOTLB isn't bad just not an album I ever feel compelled to listen to.

Yeah, I'll agree to that. I dropped the cash for an original pressing for a reason.

One of my absolute favorites in BM.