Bands you feel are overrated

Immolation are overrated. Simply because they're considered by many the most consistent death metal ever.(superlatives, bleh) I only like two albums from them.
Also from all USBM that my ears were subjected to I must single out Krieg. Thank you, guys, for raping my ears with your junk.
I don't want ever to listen to them again. (no offense to cookiecutter, MalignParadigm and MasterOLightning.) This sort of BM just isn't my cup of tea.
I'm curious, which album did you listen to?

It's kind of strange then that a person with your frame of reference would find much worth in bands like Elend, for instance. I always found them to be very cheesy and theatrical. Their music is touted as so dark and oppressive that it trumps 99% of BM which is just so overstated.
Summoning most definitely rule, however, at least until Stronghold which is still pretty good but overall, nothing new. I've lost interest in them thereafter.
I can certainly see why Summoning are a love/hate band. Their approach to songwriting is very formulaic which makes them sound very cheap to some ears and they have never really trodden new ground after Minas Morgul since all of their succeeding albums are in essence tweaked variations of MM.

Theatricality is not something that I would necessarily find cheesy. I think some of the sense of theatricality in Elend's music suits the sort of subjects they try to portray quite well.

I really don't feel the need to listen to something like Summoning. I mean, if I wanted to hear stuff like that I'd play an rpg on my super nintendo.

I'm curious, which album did you listen to?
The Black House and their most celebrated release Destruction Ritual. Also a couple of tracks form another album I downloaded a while ago, I don't recall what was it. I like music that you can immerse yourself in, or at least something that's well structured. Krieg don't really fit these requirements. They are way too abrasive.

The Black House is far superior to Destruction Ritual to me. Both have Imperial's fabulous vocals which I love, but The Black House has better production and musicianship. I can see why they may be offputting to some though. It is abrasive and doesn't really feel like a lot of other BM. I like it for these reasons though.

Every single "metalcore" band.

I doubt you've even heard real metalcore

Immolation are overrated. Simply because they're considered by many the most consistent death metal ever.(superlatives, bleh) I only like two albums from them.
Also from all USBM that my ears were subjected to I must single out Krieg. Thank you, guys, for raping my ears with your junk.
I don't want ever to listen to them again. (no offense to cookiecutter, MalignParadigm and MasterOLightning.) This sort of BM just isn't my cup of tea.

Krieg is awesome, you're missing out. as far as Immolation, they're ok, but Incantation is better.

disagree.

and fuck you Life Sucks, Napalm Death are awesome (at least the first two albums).

Well, it's mostly the death metal stuff by Napalm Death that is overrated. The grind stuff (the first two) are probably pretty much top of the line as far as grindcore goes, if you like grind.

Well, it's mostly the death metal stuff by Napalm Death that is overrated. The grind stuff (the first two) are probably pretty much top of the line as far as grindcore goes, if you like grind.

well I can agree with that.

I really don't feel the need to listen to something like Summoning. I mean, if I wanted to hear stuff like that I'd play an rpg on my super nintendo.
This argument I can totally understand. The band's aesthetic is definitely cheesy, in a way. Summoning cashed in on this game/movie soundtrack idea, but the result is music that's very atmospheric and compelling. For that I respect them. The later albums are more of the same and not in the same league as the old stuff, which is why I think they are redundant. Staleness isn't exactly a synonym for consistency.

ATG in their entirety shouldn't be lumped in here. In fact, the majority of their material is actually good and not Gothenburg.

I don't mean to lump in any band in its entirety, or even every band in the sub-genre. But overall it is the sub-genre that I have been more disappointed with and have come to the conclusion that I just don't like it. I do like AtG - Slaughter of the Soul, and based on that went back to check out earlier AtG and In Flames and other bands, but have been thoroughly disappointed.

Two bands i feel are highly overrated and shouldn't even be in existence are Job For A Cowboy and As I Lay Dying.