Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as the mod initiated and allowed us to comment -- not to mention the fact that this is a discussion board (just in case you forgot) -- I'm just sharing my thoughts. I'm well aware of teh rulez. Props to the mod for not banning me though.

You agreed to follow the forum-specific rules when you signed up. If you don't follow them, you don't get to use the board. Fucking simple, no?

BUT IT NOT RIGHTS

WAZ IS A TRUE BLAK METALS REBEL I AM LORD OF OPTH WAZ IS MINION OF LORD OF OPTH

WE SHALL SMITE THEE SAMASARA WITH THY EVIL BANNINGS

WHY IS IT PEOPLE IS BANNED FOR SPEELINGS WRONG BANNINGS PEOPELES FOR LEEKINGS IS OK BECOS MICKEL GETS ANGRY WHEN HIS MASTEPEICES IS STOLEN BY FAT COMPUTING GEEK BUT WAZ IS NOT ENGLAND THAT WHY HE NOT SPEEL

I agree with afv1296.
He was banned for saying that he searched for something that probably doesnt even excist yet?
That ban was really hard, even if it was done to make an example.

He didnt give any information about where to find "something".
He didnt say he had or was going to download anything, he said he was searching, as in looking up information.
So he was banned for saying the word? Or because he was just talking about it?
Or because Samsara assumes he actually will download it sometime?
If so, what will happen when it actually is out there for people to download, will it be against the rules to talk about the music here untill release? Because talking about it means you have downloaded it.
If so, what about the people that is talking abouit it allready and claims to have or have heard the promo? What if they dont have the promo?

This brings more qustions than clarity.
I can understand banning people when posting links and giving directions to where to download stuff. But this is weird cause he did neither.
Banning people for "talking about it" is so vague and it will confuse people.

When its out there will be loads of new members like usual that doesnt know about the rules etc.
I see this going in one direction, the forum will close sooner or later.

I agree with afv1296.
He was banned for saying that he searched for something that probably doesnt even excist yet?
That ban was really hard, even if it was done to make an example.

He didnt give any information about where to find "something".
He didnt say he had or was going to downloaded anything, he said he was searching, as in looking up information.
So he was banned for saying the word? Or because he was just talking about it?
Or because Samsara assumes he actually will download it sometime?
If so, what will happen when it actually is out there for people to download, will it be against the rules to talk about the music here untill release? Because talking about it means you have downloaded it.
If so, what about the people that is talking abouit it allready and claims to have or have heard the promo? What if they dont have the promo?

This brings more qustions than clarity.
I can understand banning people when posting links and giving directions to where to download stuff. But this is weird.

When its out there will be loads of new members like usual that doesnt know about the rules etc.
I see this going in one direction, the forum will close sooner or later.

That's gold. Great post!

BUT IT NOT RIGHTS

WAZ IS A TRUE BLAK METALS REBEL I AM LORD OF OPTH WAZ IS MINION OF LORD OF OPTH

WE SHALL SMITE THEE SAMASARA WITH THY EVIL BANNINGS

WHY IS IT PEOPLE IS BANNED FOR SPEELINGS WRONG BANNINGS PEOPELES FOR LEEKINGS IS OK BECOS MICKEL GETS ANGRY WHEN HIS MASTEPEICES IS STOLEN BY FAT COMPUTING GEEK BUT WAZ IS NOT ENGLAND THAT WHY HE NOT SPEEL

This thread rules :kickass:

I 95% disagree with that ban. Very over the top. He wasn't saying he was going to link on this forum about it.

Many people picking up leaks would probably still buy the albums anyway. And if not then they were probably never going to buy the albums.
When people say they were going to 'download' the said album, I'm sure they meant no disrespect to the band. But waiting is just so damn hard yeah? (of course I shall wait) *don't ban me*
Ban people if they post links. Don't be all harsh on people for their 'intentions' (without action I might add).

What makes it so hard to wait for some is because the album is already mixed, we're 'teased' by these reviewers online who have already heard the album yet we have to wait fucking months for a clip! Keep these damn reviewers from releasing their 'publicity' material and you might decrease the demand for leaks.
(note: I do not endorse downloading of leaks or pirated music)

Opeth is awesome, I mean no disrespect.

-------
(on another note: if someone got banned couldn't they just make a new username or is it an IP ban or something?)

I can see the disrespect. Downloading an album (illegal anyway) before its release date is rude in my book. I can understand dying of excitement and curiosity, but for fuck's sake, we're adults. And part of being an adult is learning how to cope with all things coming in good time, even if it's not quick enough for you. I know fans and people who love having the real deal in their hands will buy it anyway, but it still feels to me like the audio version of pelvis cracking.

The last Entombed record got leaked before they even finalised the artwork.

That pissed me off.

Pretty sure the rules were explicitly stated and then that guy went ahead and indirectly challenged them. Totally deserved a ban for being a smart ass.

The rule was "not to talk about torrents or leaks".
Flebbie neither linked or talked about any torrent or leaked material, he besicly said, "this is useless, im going to the site google", and then hes banned?
What the hell?
There is not one person on UM that does not know how to use internet and search-engines today. So what harm did he do other than express his opinion, doesnt he have the right to do that?

^Talk about missing the point, man. Of course everyone knows how to use search engines and the internet. And he was barely even expressing an opinion. All flebbie did was say "this means nothing to me, i'm going to be a sarcastic dick and taunt the mod by searching for a leak." He could have just read the thread and searched for one without saying so, but he had to be a big man and point out that Mr. Samsara wasted a thread and instead led him to search for another leak (a lot of assonance there).

What is so hard for people to grasp? Of course the band can't do anything about people downloading leaks and listening to them, but just have the courtesy not to discuss that sort of activity on the their official forum. Plain and simple. There are plenty of other places to discuss the stuff, just not here.

No you are missing the point.
Should people get banned for beeing a sarcastic dick (which would mean at least 25% of the people on UM, proabaly more) or for spreading information about leaked music?
There is no consistancy at all.

^Talk about missing the point, man. Of course everyone knows how to use search engines and the internet. And he was barely even expressing an opinion. All flebbie did was say "this means nothing to me, i'm going to be a sarcastic dick and taunt the mod by searching for a leak." He could have just read the thread and searched for one without saying so, but he had to be a big man and point out that Mr. Samsara wasted a thread and instead led him to search for another leak (a lot of assonance there).

What is so hard for people to grasp? Of course the band can't do anything about people downloading leaks and listening to them, but just have the courtesy not to discuss that sort of activity on the their official forum. Plain and simple. There are plenty of other places to discuss the stuff, just not here.

My thoughts exactly

No you are missing the point.
Should people get banned for beeing a sarcastic prick (which would mean at least 25% of the people on UM, proabaly more) or for spreading information about leaked music?
There is no consistancy at all.

The point is not being sarcastic, is taunting the mod into banning him. Heck, it's if he opens a topic where he says "whomever insults anyone is gonna get banned" and he replies "I think you're a douchebag"

Status
Not open for further replies.