Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
if this is serious, that's probably one of the most stupid things i've ever read in this forum.
jesus... if there's a rule, could people be smart enough to respect it?
i guess nobody of us wants this forum to be closed again so... don't play with fire. if i remember well, mikael said that opeth pay some $$$ to the owners of the UM.com domain too...

lol, i was totally joking

Opeth probably wouldn't have the money to pay for their own forum if it weren't for downloading. The amount of fans gained far exceeds the price of the odd thieving miscreant.

Opeth probably wouldn't have the money to pay for their own forum if it weren't for downloading. The amount of fans gained far exceeds the price of the odd thieving miscreant.

This is probably true actually.

Though I actually purchased all the Opeth albums and will be purchasing Watershed on release date... if Coconuts has it.

Damn living in a region where metal is not particularly popular.

That's one of the biggest issues, it's hard to get stuff that is supposed to be released on certain dates here, and metal CDs... well... no chance. I'd have to take a big trip out to Circuit City, and I think Best Buy is even farther away than that. I hear a lot of people like BestBuy, I've honestly never set foot in one. You hear a lot of labels whining about people stealing and not buying the CDs, well have you shopped on TheEndRecords lately? Every single CD I looked for was out of stock. And then they disabled eCheck support so I can't shop there at all anymore anyway, so who's fault is it really?

This unfortunately is a completely predictable course of events and reaction. First people will be smart asses, then question whether I will actually follow through with what I say... or both (see flebby) and then bring up waz using the same reasoning, then split hairs regarding the words I use and take us completely off topic.

I guess it's pretty much run it's course, eh?

Forum isn't that expensive, unless there's a traffic/backdatabase charge. Album sales are another issue.

That's one of the biggest issues, it's hard to get stuff that is supposed to be released on certain dates here, and metal CDs... well... no chance. I'd have to take a big trip out to Circuit City, and I think Best Buy is even farther away than that. I hear a lot of people like BestBuy, I've honestly never set foot in one. You hear a lot of labels whining about people stealing and not buying the CDs, well have you shopped on TheEndRecords lately? Every single CD I looked for was out of stock. And then they disabled eCheck support so I can't shop there at all anymore anyway, so who's fault is it really?

www.lasercd.com and stfu. you're welcome

yea, but its just evolved into this lovely hijacked waz love fest!

:kickass:

waz wil u father my chilren?

YES I WILL

anwayyz........guys I haevnt posted a video here in a year atleast.........i think samsara abnned me for no good reason this time......i didnt post anything illegal or promote my abnd.....last thing I did wrong was postin a lil gig reposrt from my bands show and some pics......but that was liek months ago......samsara is jsut loosing it....PEAC EOUT

Samsara was well within his rights to reprimand him based on the wasteful, useless shite content of his post (not to mention disrespecting the band with the open implication of finding a leak... what, do you really think anyone believes he's just gonna find a leak and look at it and go 'whoo' and let it be?).

Actually yes. I'm interested in when the album will leak, how much in advance. But there's no way I would download or listen to the songs anywhere before I buy the album on the day it's released

except for sometimes the leaks are official, to test the water.

I do think pirate or ripped copies suck and i can understand the banning issue so perhapse opeth could kindly leak something from the album but make it maybe a section of a song 4 or 5 mins that would be a nice taster. :kickass:

afterall a copy of the mona lisa or photograph even if it was brilliant is virtually worthless as its not the real item, bootlegged music is the same no real pride of ownership and you jeoperdise a favorite bands chance of obtaining more support from its record company.

however some bands like hawkwind encourage live taping as long its for personal use and doesnt clash with thier official recordings so perhapse opeth could leak a new song recorded at say a rehersal so knowone will make bootlegs from it but we get to hear the song

how in the fuck is this thread still going? it feels like someone lost their job or isnt doing it

i hate to say that, but honestly it's time this thread goes away

except for sometimes the leaks are official, to test the water.

I do think pirate or ripped copies suck and i can understand the banning issue so perhapse opeth could kindly leak something from the album but make it maybe a section of a song 4 or 5 mins that would be a nice taster. :kickass:

afterall a copy of the mona lisa or photograph even if it was brilliant is virtually worthless as its not the real item, bootlegged music is the same no real pride of ownership and you jeoperdise a favorite bands chance of obtaining more support from its record company.

however some bands like hawkwind encourage live taping as long its for personal use and doesnt clash with thier official recordings so perhapse opeth could leak a new song recorded at say a rehersal so knowone will make bootlegs from it but we get to hear the song

Well, we already have the recording of Heir Apparent, which the band did not try to cover up. What more do you want? This is clearly a case of, "It's never enough."

Status
Not open for further replies.