An apology

Yeah you should be proud instead of apologizing. ;) It's alright. Well if you ever get to listen to Opeth more frequently and are interested in what's new about them on this forum, just come here. What you did is just the past, and this thread shows that you are clearly able to be respectful on this forum.

Is it a joke or are you really Vuashke !? I want an autograph.

This, Welcome back ^-^

Vuashke,

Your apology sounds very sincere and from the heart. And I have no reason to doubt that it is. It takes a lot of courage to put your personal pride behind you in this manner, and I sincerely applaud you for that. Welcome back.

Yeah you should be proud instead of apologizing. ;) It's alright. Well if you ever get to listen to Opeth more frequently and are interested in what's new about them on this forum, just come here. What you did is just the past, and this thread shows that you are clearly able to be respectful on this forum.

Is it a joke or are you really Vuashke !? I want an autograph.

Yes it is me, Vuashke :D But I guess a little bit more mature.

To be honest, I didn't expect a warm welcome from anyone at all, but i'm grateful. Whatever was said before, I personally enjoyed my time on the board and I was a proud Opeth Forum member and Opeth fan. I still am.

I do listen to Opeth. I have my favourite tracks i listen to more (I don't usually listen from the first song of an album to the last) and ones I don't listen to much (some at all.) Mainly i listen to Watershed, because I didn't really give it much of a listen when it came out, and some of the past songs i neglected for whatever reason.

And i still anticipate new Opeth releases and i'm hoping they will continue to make new albums because I enjoy their music. Like I said, I was a huge fan a couple of years ago, they left a big impact in my life.

I've noticed that a couple of people in this thread joined after I departed. For my sake and yours, don't search my post history. Lol

Oh, and I'd also like to apologise to Mikael personally for fucking up his forum and forcing him to boot me.

Maybe he left when I started posting here (in Nov or dec 08, but i signed up in June).
Anyways Ex-Vuashke , welcome back.

I think i was banned sometime during September 2008, but I'm not certain about that. It was a quite a while ago, although I wasn't around for very long.

Edit: I joined in August, 2008, and was expelled from the forums in October of the same year. It turns out more time has passed than i originally thought, i had a feeling it was in January.

i dunno why I thought of a song after reading your story.

Perhaps it doesn't really have to do with you, but some passages are very eloquent.

"the moor"

The sigh of summer upon my return
Fifteen alike since I was here
Bathed in deep fog, blurring my trail
Snuffing the first morning rays

Weary from what might have been ages
Still calm with my mind at peace
Would I prosper or fall, drain the past
The lapse of the moment took it's turn

I was foul and tainted, devoid of faith
Wearing my death-mask at birth
The hands of God, decrepit and thin
Cold caress and then nothing
I was taken away from my plight
A treason bestowed to the crowd
Branded a jonah with fevered blood
Ungodly freak, defiler

Pale touch, writhing in the embers
Damp mud burning in my eyes
All the faces turned away
And all would sneer at my demise

Outcast with dogmas forged below
Seared and beaten, banished from where I was born
No mercy would help me on my way
In the pouring rain nothing is the same

Vows in ashes
I pledge myself to no-one
Seethed and spiteful
All shudder at the call of my name
If you'll bear with me
You'll fear of me

There is no forgiveness in these eyes
For any of you but one
Dispel the mist for now
Melinda is the reason why I've come

She is waterdrops over the pyre
A thistle in my hands
Stained and torn, aged and brown
Virtous shell with kindred innocense

I awoke from the miasma
Passing swiftly through the moor
This is here, waters stir
And in the distance all that was lost
If you'll bear with me
You'll fear of me
You'd never leave me to
A fate with you

It's obviously you're a troll who craves attention, and this thread is just one more example.

Please don't make a second return if you get banned again.

Fuck, yeah I remember you... you're still blocked. Weren't you IP banned?

A few months ago, I was a fairly prolific poster on the Opeth forums. I'm sure some of you remember me, although some won't. I went by the handle 'Vuashke.'

When I first started posting, it was out of a genuine love for Opeth. Even today, whilst I don't listen to them much anymore, they will always be one of my favourite bands and they were my favourite for a very long stretch of time.

I didn't join to start trouble. I joined because i enjoyed Opeth. And, I'd like to think that my first few posts were actually of some quality, and without all the nonsense. I enjoyed my time there, even up to the date of my ban. However, after a couple of weeks of posting I began to get annoyed with the opinions of some people and how they chose to express those opinions (this is a personal trait of mine.) When i first encountered those kinds of people, i tried to argue persuasively and without any ad hominem or insults. But, unfortunately I started making horrible posts with no merit that mostly detracted from the quality of the forum. I doubt many of my posts were that informative or worthwhile to forum members. In the end, my posts turned to trash and so did my reputation.

This crap went on for a while, horrible post after post, until i was banned. I don't remember the date, or the month. But it was at least a few months ago. I knew most people didn't enjoy me being there, so when I was banned, I didn't create a new account and smurf nor did I forum lurk as some people claimed i would. I just left and, for me, the forum was out of the picture. I used to talk to one of the members via email after that, but that was the only contact i had with the Ultimate Metal Forum.

Why did I do the things I did? I can't really answer that for sure. Most likely, because I enjoyed rubbing people the wrong way, and watching them get upset and indignant. I guess it was also for attention, for a reputation (albeit a bad one), post count and probably many other things. At the time, alot of the things i said had trolling elements, but some i was half-serious about at the time. I still believe some of the good ideas and discussion i was trying to convey was lost under the arrogance of both me and some of the forum members i was debating against.

Should I have been banned? Certainly, and probably alot sooner. Do I regret posting? Yes and no. I regret saying bad things but i did like to post on the board.

I apologise to anyone that was distressed, angry, hurt or otherwise negatively impacted by my presence and posting on the forum. I'm sorry for it now, and I hope you are still here posting on the board and not put-off by my antics.

I don't expect anyone to forgive me, or maybe even care about what I've said (I was a pretty big retard), but i thought i should post this anyway. I'm not asking for salvation or redemption or anything of that sort, most likely this will be my last thread.

Feel free to post here and say whatever you want, whether it be flaming me, reminiscing on old times, indifference, questions for me etc.

very mature post :), one of very few in a while, welcome back, i hope there are no hard feelings :)

all I remmember is him calling David Gilmour a crusty old faggot or something like that. I take great offense to that considering Pink Floyd was my first favorite band is still amoungst my favorite.

It's a forum. Whatever you said, rolled off my back anyway. But, good for you for standing up and taking responsibility, if you think that's what needed to be done.