Bass guitar question....

Xyrus77

Lord Of Chaos
Feb 17, 2002
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Three posts in two days and hell, even two posts in one night! I think thats a record for me. Anyways, on to my question....Any bassists here know anything about Dean basses? I like the looks of them. Most reviews Ive read are pretty good. I have yet to track one down and play it cause Im not completely ready to go back to music just yet. Regardless, what does everyone around here think of them?

edge_hammer_10.jpg

edge_6.jpg

These were the two that I was looking at so far.

I've picked up a couple in music shops. They seemed to be well constructed, I especially liked a neck through 5 with a multi part neck, but it was the most godawful butterscotch color. A tad on the heavy side for my taste but I mostly play 4's so I am unused to the extra mass on the neck and body.

I always tell people to just order a Carvin, it's pretty much always cheaper and as good or better than anything else in the entry level to mid range. And if you are shopping for a Dean, presumably you aren't after a $2,900 boutique bass.

hmmm, i think i've played em a few times before... honestly, the only basses i really like to play are ESP and Schecter.... otherwise, i don't like the way others play... and in the case of cost, i don't think it's worth buying something that expensive when you could get better, IMO, for less

I own an Edge 4 and an Edge 5 and have played them for several years. For the money, they are rather good basses, but I've been fiending for this neck-thru $1800 Spector for a while now, so I hate my basses now :). For $400-$600 bucks though, not a bad buy.