Bass on Jordpuls?

You suck! AF is a brilliant band, listen to their last record, 'tis their best one.

NOW I get why you were asking this about the bass! The bass player is nowhere mentioned in the booklet haha.

C'mon, you're serious? After the 5th album they began to make pop music. They obviously sold their soul to the music industry. No respect for the way they did choose. Anyway the older albums where great.

C'mon, you're serious? After the 5th album they began to make pop music. They obviously sold their soul to the music industry. No respect for the way they did choose. Anyway the older albums where great.

Really? Decipher was great and some think that it's their best, and I partly agree with that; however, I still believe their best one is "After Forever". Excellent production, riffs, keyboards and vocals. If you want your dose of "Dutch band that became pop due to commercial success" listen to Within Temptation. Now that's a sold-out band. Even more, Lacuna Coil and Leaves' Eyes.

:Smug: Maybe Pete Johansen's violins [Tristania, The Sins Of Thy Beloved] could help them a bit...

It was Mr. Transparent. Nobody remembers him.

I don't know, Tristania was great in the first albums, then not so much. Still much better than the other crap the guy is with. See, I don't even remember the name! Hmmm… Sirenia? AF didn't need the, even if they did record with orchestras and stuff, the keyboardist was excellent and more-than-suitable for the job.

Haven't heard Revamp though, not sure if I should….

:lol: Mr Transparent.

But seriously, I wonder why Andreas forgot to include "bass" in his credits. The booklet seems to have needed more editing to be honest.

I don't know, Tristania was great in the first albums, then not so much. Still much better than the other crap the guy is with. See, I don't even remember the name! Hmmm… Sirenia? AF didn't need the, even if they did record with orchestras and stuff, the keyboardist was excellent and more-than-suitable for the job.

Wikipedia says: Sirenia and Morgul.
AF with or without orchestra is not able to move me.

But seriously, I wonder why Andreas forgot to include "bass" in his credits. The booklet seems to have needed more editing to be honest.

I'm not so sure it was Andreas. Although he doesn't still probably like bass guitars... A DTP operator, maybe?

If you want your dose of "Dutch band that became pop due to commercial success" listen to Within Temptation. Now that's a sold-out band.

Yeah! Mother Earth was such a good album, then is started getting more and more commercial. They still have their good songs here and there, but not start to finish albums anymore.

Am I the only one who can't stand Within Temptation's female vocals?

sw.gif

Yeah! Mother Earth was such a good album, then is started getting more and more commercial. They still have their good songs here and there, but not start to finish albums anymore.

Yeah, ME was pretty good, too bad they blew it. Speaking of Nightwish, I guess kicking out Tarja was the best thing that could ever happen to the band; they may be commercial, but they haven't stagnated musically, like WT did. So many people go "Bla bla bla I want her Finnish pussy in the band", but Annette is a much better singer IMO.

Am I the only one who can't stand Within Temptation's female vocals?

I can stand them, but they're merely OK. What I really CANNOT stand, as in I-want-to-put-an-axe-through-the-TV cannot stand, is the way she moves her bloody hands in the concert. I mean, does she think she's drowning or something? What's the point of moving the hands in that way? She looks so stupid, it really exasperates me.