• Stargazer - Rainbow

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Roads To Madness - Queensryche

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Cygnus X-1 - Rush

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Smokin In the Boys Room - Motley Crue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • **or, something else (none of the above)

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
wow tough choices.. i chose Maiden's Hallow be Thy Name... but Heaven and Hell ties it or comes close 2nd or vice versa to me.. there's some songs with Ozzy/Randy that could be included.. as for Metallica.. i probably would of said Fade to Black and Orion (even though it's a instrumental) .... too many choices for a "epic" topic...

had to go with "other" my favorite "epic" (though some of you might not consider it one) would be

Megadeth - Holy Wars...The Punishment Due :headbang: :headbang:

gotta love it

#1_Droogie said:
had to go with "other" my favorite "epic" (though some of you might not consider it one) would be

gotta love it

Great Song!!! Another for the Others and its a shame they are not in the list is SAVATAGE!!!!!!!!! Where are they I would have voted for them Over any of the rest ... and is Smokin in the Boys room really an Epic IMO its more of an anthem

#1_Droogie said:

gotta love it

dude i love that song.. me being a fellow droogie my favorite deth song is she-wolf. Hey are going to gigantour??

well anyway i voted hallow be thy name. my second choice would've been ancient mariner. but HBTN is so fucking awesome live! i creamed my pants right after the intro. Maiden kicks ass live.

ahhh I wish i was, but I live in North Dakota, USA.......so yeah, nowhere near me :yell: lol

I voted for Holy Wars to be my favorite "epic" but I would have to say that my favorite Megadeth song would have to be Set The World Afire......merciless intro! :headbang:

For me it would be Rime Of The Ancient Mariner.
As a musician, I was always thrilled how they made a 14 minute epic almost all out of one riff and its variations. The song never bored me, even after almost 15 years of listening to it and I consider it to be the best Maiden song ever, on their best album ever. It has everything, the atmosphere ("one by one, by the star dogged moon..."), the melodies, the epicness, great lyrics (yeah, I know it's Coleridge in original... ;) ), _____________ (you name it).

Up the Irons! :headbang:

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhh hallowed be thy nameeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :worship:

UP THE IRONS!

Rime Of The Ancient Mariner great song killer riffs good basslines and very thoughtful
lyrics. Steve Harris has to be one the best lyricists in metal period. He pens some
really interesting stories into Iron Maiden's songs. Powerslave just took over Piece
Of Mind as my favourite Maiden cd.

I.................CAN'T....................................DECIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yell:

These sort of decisions just about kill me. I love just about every single track on there. I've never been a fan of Fates Warning nor Queensryche (sue me). And I don't consider Crue's cover of Smokin In the Boys Room to be very "epic". But all of the rest are excellent!
I guess if you held a gun to my head to force a decision, and also being such a Sabbath fanatic, I'd choose Heaven and Hell but otherwise I really have a bitch of a time picking from all the rest.

<
<
<
<
<

The fighting force won't avenge the guided black wing. Went with QR. :worship:

then probably Maiden.

lol @ Smokin in the Boys Room.

Let us not forget The Odyssey from Symphony X.