Of these classic live albums....

Which of these classic live albums is your fav?

• Scorpions - Tokyo Tapes

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • AC/DC - If You Want Blood...

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Motorhead - No Sleep Till Hammersmith

• Rush - Exit Stage Left

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Black Sabbath - Live Evil

• Deep Purple - Made In Japan

• UFO - Lights Out

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Jethro Tull - Bursting Out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Judas Priest - Unleashed In the East

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Iron Maiden - Live After Death

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Jimi Hendrix - Band of Gypsies

• Kiss - Alive

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Rolling Stones - Get Yer Ya Yas Out

• Ozzy Osbourne - Speak Of the Devil

• *something else entirely

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters
Dodens Grav said:
I'm surprised I'm the only one who's taken Black Sabbath...

Me too, but I couldn't vote for it since I evaluate live albums as a whole, and from it (and that list) "Life/Live" has a bigger impact on me. "Unleashed In The East" should be the first but is too short (even the remaster) for the magic of Judas Priest to be tasted in full.

As for a live album with Dio I prefer Rainbow "On Stage", as a matter of fact I consider that Black Sabbath never made a good live album. "Live At Last" is badly produced, "Live Evil" didn't click right and "Reunion" has many faults for my taste (I hadn't check the live one with Tony Martin tho).

In general terms I don't like live albums, I consider them basically compilations, so I really go for them when I'm for completism (and/or the price is low) or when they deliver something extra. In my experience with live albums I have found that Thin Lizzy deliver the goodies for real.

NP: Radakka - 'Solitude'

Dodens Grav said:
I'm surprised I'm the only one who's taken Black Sabbath...
You know, i've seen the show for the Mob Rules tour in Montreal 81'!!! It's the greatest show i've ever seen and it was really fantastic! But when you are there, there's ambience:headbang: , a couple of beers:kickass: and the excitement which go along...:Smokin: And when i got the Live Evil album, i did notice that i didn't like the way Dio sang Black Sabbath, War Pigs...And The Sign of the Southern Cross is really too short because it's my fav from the Dio's era! But i like no i Love Dio as singer and i prefered about his performance the Rainbow's On Stage album!

I voted for something else .... Edguy - Burning Down The Opera Live ... its easily one of the best live albums I have ever heard ... and actually throw Overkill - Wrecking Your Neck Live right up there with it!

TheWhisper said:
Trust me, we men will never, ever truly understand women. It is part of the reason we love you so much...the mystery.:D

Hahaha! And trust me... us women will never ever understand men either (even though most of us claim that you are predictable beasts :D)

Wohooooo, Maiden is on the lead... as it should be :heh:

While I love Maiden, I can't believe that the live UFO is doing so bad....
THAT is a KILLER release that will go down in history....
(lights Out = Strangers In The Night)
J-Dubya

J-Dubya 777 said:
While I love Maiden, I can't believe that the live UFO is doing so bad....
THAT is a KILLER release that will go down in history....
(lights Out = Strangers In The Night)
J-Dubya

I know man :erk:. Most of the regulars are oriented towards the 80s.
In short they are not the old farts you and me are :lol:

At least we're old farts who were in the right time/place for some groundbreaking music! :headbang:

It's like when I hear my older sister's friends talk about Zep, DP, Hendrix, and seeing Clapton play in a bar. Just one more generation away! Wouldn't change it for anything! (well, maybe 3-4 years older would be cool.....lol) :loco:

J-Dubya

J-Dubya 777 said:
At least we're old farts who were in the right time/place for some groundbreaking music! :headbang:

It's like when I hear my older sister's friends talk about Zep, DP, Hendrix, and seeing Clapton play in a bar. Just one more generation away! Wouldn't change it for anything! (well, maybe 3-4 years older would be cool.....lol) :loco:

J-Dubya

Indeed! I feel the same. I only started to go to concerts when I was 19. Back in 1977. So I missed the 70s UFO with Schenker. Now thats something I would have loved to see! Or Led Zeppelin, or ZZ Top, or Deep Purple, or Black Sabbath! Well you get the picture. :)