Of these classic live albums....

Which of these classic live albums is your fav?

• Scorpions - Tokyo Tapes

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • AC/DC - If You Want Blood...

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Motorhead - No Sleep Till Hammersmith

• Rush - Exit Stage Left

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Black Sabbath - Live Evil

• Deep Purple - Made In Japan

• UFO - Lights Out

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Jethro Tull - Bursting Out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Judas Priest - Unleashed In the East

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Iron Maiden - Live After Death

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Jimi Hendrix - Band of Gypsies

• Kiss - Alive

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Rolling Stones - Get Yer Ya Yas Out

• Ozzy Osbourne - Speak Of the Devil

• *something else entirely

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters
I chose the "something else..." option. For me Beast Over Hammersmith is pretty definitive for metal. It really captures the intense energy that Maiden had when they were still trying to prove themselves. It was recorded two weeks before Number of the Beast came out....and it just rips. Bruce is in top form. I can't think of another album (live or otherwise) that captures the true spirit of NWOBHM the way this does. For me, better than Live After Death for sure.....and probably my favorite live album.

TheWhisper said:
Trust me, we men will never, ever truly understand women. It is part of the reason we love you so much...the mystery.:D

I drink to that :kickass:

You're a mystery, always runnin' wild
Like a child without a home
You're always searching, searching for a feeling
That it's easy come and easy go

NP: The Coffinshakers - 'Black Sunday'

iron fuckin maiden
:headbang:

does ANYONE else think bruce dickinson's solo stuff (lemme single out Chemical Wedding, AOB, and TOS) is extremely underrated and undercredited?!?!? its brilliant, ESPECIALLY the CW wedding. i never see much talk to hype about that stuff, but i find it fantastic!

No-Mercy said:
iron fuckin maiden
:headbang:

does ANYONE else think bruce dickinson's solo stuff (lemme single out Chemical Wedding, AOB, and TOS) is extremely underrated and undercredited?!?!? its brilliant, ESPECIALLY the CW wedding. i never see much talk to hype about that stuff, but i find it fantastic!

Agreed! I always thought CW and AOB sounded more "Maiden" than the Blaze-era stuff (sorry Jonny D!).

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

My answer would have to be Slayer- Decade of Aggression closely followed by Iron Maiden- Live After Death.

Of that list i chose maiden coz they are the only band i really dig in that lsit

^
not a huge fan, no
i do like early sabbath but have never really been able to get into Judas Preist at all unfortunately

Danallica said:
^
not a huge fan, no
i do like early sabbath but have never really been able to get into Judas Preist at all unfortunately
Have you tried Defenders of the Faith?

No scores for if you want blood ? Blasphemy :heh: . The one one score is from my. Now that is really a classic live album, next to Kiss, UFO and Motorhead on the list. Another one would be Saga - In Transit. If Jethro Tull ans the Stones are on the list, it is fair to mention Saga.:headbang: