BATTLE OF THE THRASH METAL BANDS (ROUND OF 32 VOTING THREAD)

Yeah, well, if we're going to discuss the bands I mentioned, some of them have albums worse than anything I've heard by Exodus, but I guess you like God Hates Us All so that certainly explains why you have that opinion. And yeah, me having an opinion differing from you is certainly evidence of me being a brainlet.

God Hates Us All
is shit, and is still better than 90% of Exodus career. But yea you just go ahead and compare one of the msot celebrated thrash metal bands that have 5 solidified classic of the genre to fuciking Exodus.

And i like how you just said you haven't heard most albums from most of those bands but yet here you are claiming their worst is worst than ... whatever. fucking brainlet :lol:

Imagine being such a nu metal kiddo that your nostalgic love for GHUA puts it above an absolute thrash classic like Pleasures of the Flesh.

absolute thrash classic like Pleasures of the Flesh.

Lulz

but eh, this is coming form the same guy who said ....

.... obligatory classics. Testament, Kreator, and Slayer are *not* a member of that category.

:lol: im sorry but your opinions on what is and isnt a thrash classic means jack shit after saying stuff like that.

God Hates Us All is worse than the second two Exodus albums. Other than that, I've heard songs off of Temple of the Damned and Shovel-Headed Machine Kill and I don't recall them being nearly as bad as God Hates Us All. Slayer has three classics, one album that is boring but I can agree that it's at least well-composed, and a follow-up album that sounds more like outtakes from the South of Heaven sessions than an honest effort. I've heard everything up to and including Christ Illusion and everything I've heard after Seasons in the Abyss is absolute trash so why would I check out the last two albums? It's called listening to shit you actually like instead of wasting time listening to something that you have enough evidence to suggest that you're probably not going to like.

The only thing that makes me a brainlet is responding to you instead of ignoring your outbursts like everyone else, but I'm on vacation right now and you're pretty amusing to interact with. You're so angry that you can't make a single post without editing it 7-8 times. :lol:

Comparing Exodus to Slayer is unfair. Exodus never released and will never do a Hell Awaits, RIB, SOH, even Seasons. Those albums are light years of anything Exodus could come up to. Even DI is better than anything Exodus did.

Exodus also had/has the problem of having a terrible singer. Tom Araya never had to properly sing, since Slayer is by a mile the most extreme of those bigger thrash bands from US. The extremity of the music demanded a more aggressive vocal delivery, but Exodus never provided such violence and sheer brutality (in thrash terms). Zetro had weird to terrible vocals that didn't even fit well the music. Megadeth is a tricky one in that regard, since Dave's vocals at first were decent, then they got horrible but the music was more or less well composed for many years. In my eyes, Countdown was the first sign of true decay on Megadeth's music, but it's still an enjoyable album overall.

Exodus is simply a mediocre band.Same thing for Testament. I love Testament, but they are far lower in the food chain compared to Slayer. They are simply in different levels.

God Hates Us All is worse than the second two Exodus albums. Other than that, I've heard songs off of Temple of the Damned and Shovel-Headed Machine Kill and I don't recall them being nearly as bad as God Hates Us All. Slayer has three classics, one album that is boring but I can agree that it's at least well-composed, and a follow-up album that sounds more like outtakes from the South of Heaven sessions than an honest effort. I've heard everything up to and including Christ Illusion and everything I've heard after Seasons in the Abyss is absolute trash so why would I check out the last two albums? It's called listening to shit you actually like instead of wasting time listening to something that you have enough evidence to suggest that you're probably not going to like.

The only thing that makes me a brainlet is responding to you instead of ignoring your outbursts like everyone else, but I'm on vacation right now and you're pretty amusing to interact with. You're so angry that you can't make a single post without editing it 7-8 times. :lol:

do you really think that you saying "LOOK YOU'RE EDITING YOUR POSTS HAHA" bothers me? What are you, 12? :lol: Also i like how me making fun of you turns into "BUT YOU'RE ANGRY" .. and this coming from the guy who every other week goes off his meds, comes and starts fights with everyone here, proceeds to make threads declaring how this place is shit and he's leaving for good ... only to pop back up a week or two later when he's out of zoloft or whatever it is you take for your roller coaster ride of a personality. Lets not forget, you actually take meds for your anger issues and are basically declared a retard by the government because of it.

And yes, Pleasures of the Flesh is better than God Hates Us All. Is that some sort of merit?

Also to say " i love early slayer but Christ Illusion is trash" basically shows that youre a complete poser and posterboy for the type of people i constantly make fun of. There is no way a fan of the band can say that album is trash while saying they love their earlier work when that album is as close to their earlier work as they ever got. There is no way anyone that likes Slayer early work can refer to that album as thrash. All that does is throw big red falser flags about you to people who are actually huge fans of the band. I would ask you to point out how that album is trash but i honestly dont give a fuck what you think man so dont bother

The only people that hate Pleasures of the Flesh and Fabulous Disaster are try-hards that can't get over muh Zetro. Both are fantastic albums with great variety in songwriting while still keeping things relatively compact and catchy. After the first three, there are more valid reasons to criticize their discography, but hating the first two Zetro albums is what every internet try-hard does to show what mature tastes they have by preferring Sabbat or whateverthefuck.

I used to say that I just don't like Exodus because all I had to go by was Fabulous Disaster around the time I discovered them. If by catchy you mean bouncy party thrash with obnoxious vocals then sure. I try-hard to listen to good thrash metal but I don't think anyone who listens to an album with lyrical topics about murdering posers has any business worrying about having "mature" or "refined" music taste, but I'm sure most people who listen to this shit have come across the type to try and portray metal as an altogether sophisticated genre of music (it isn't).

Artillery
Morbid Saint
Sodom
Protector
Rigor Mortis
Heathen
Exodus
Voivod
Possessed
Mekong Delta
Overkill
Razor
Slayer
Coroner
Sabbat (UK)
Sepultura

Chose Morbid Saint over Flotsam & Jetsam but does anyone else think that Spectrum of Death is mildly overrated?

Reactions: jimmy101
nice try chinny, but i agree. It is somewhat overrated. And not taking anything away from their real fans, but they also kind of fall into the same category as Infernal Majesty as far as the whole newschool try-hard fanbase thing is concerned. Still a great album though

Reactions: Erecshyrinol
Spectrum of Death's main strength is Assassin. It's pretty much a perfect song. The rest of the album is great too, but if it wasn't for that one song I'd probably pick Flots over them.

Comparing Exodus to Slayer is unfair. Exodus never released and will never do a Hell Awaits, RIB, SOH, even Seasons. Those albums are light years of anything Exodus could come up to. Even DI is better than anything Exodus did.

Exodus also had/has the problem of having a terrible singer. Tom Araya never had to properly sing, since Slayer is by a mile the most extreme of those bigger thrash bands from US. The extremity of the music demanded a more aggressive vocal delivery, but Exodus never provided such violence and sheer brutality (in thrash terms). Zetro had weird to terrible vocals that didn't even fit well the music. Megadeth is a tricky one in that regard, since Dave's vocals at first were decent, then they got horrible but the music was more or less well composed for many years. In my eyes, Countdown was the first sign of true decay on Megadeth's music, but it's still an enjoyable album overall.

Exodus is simply a mediocre band.Same thing for Testament. I love Testament, but they are far lower in the food chain compared to Slayer. They are simply in different levels.

Slayer never wrote a song to beat the last four songs of Bonded By Blood. Necrophiliac and Postmortem come close though. Exodus is definitely more aggressive too at their best, though Slayer has speed and a kind of dispassionate hate that admittedly works in a different way.

Also, Exodus never recorded a cover song as disgraceful as Slayer's Dissident Aggressor cover. Death by 1000 Low Riders is a preferable fate.

I used to say that I just don't like Exodus because all I had to go by was Fabulous Disaster around the time I discovered them. If by catchy you mean bouncy party thrash with obnoxious vocals then sure. I try-hard to listen to good thrash metal but I don't think anyone who listens to an album with lyrical topics about murdering posers has any business worrying about having "mature" or "refined" music taste, but I'm sure most people who listen to this shit have come across the type to try and portray metal as an altogether sophisticated genre of music (it isn't).

What's "bouncy party thrash" about The Last Act of Defiance, Fabulous Disaster, Like Father Like Son, Corruption, Verbal Razors, or Open Season?

Metallica
Flotsam & Jetsam vs Morbid Saint
Sodom
Protector
Kreator vs Rigor Mortis
Heathen vs Nuclear Assault
Exodus vs Annihilator
Voivod
Megadeth
Hexenhaus vs Mekong Delta
Overkill vs Toxik
Razor
Slayer
Vio-lence
Testament
Sepultura

I'll make up my mind on some of the matchups I left open later if I have time.

Last edited:
Yeah that's a bit of a crazy assertion. Off of Show No Mercy alone I'd say songs like Evil has no Boundaries, Black Magic, Die by the Sword & Fight Til Death all easily trump the final four songs from Bonded By Blood in terms of aggression & fury.